+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annan v Queens

Luckily for us big Tommy Goss had an off day. Poor second half performance from us but the win was most pleasing.
    Fantastic setup down in the Annan social club.

Did Goss have an off day?
    Or is that the reason he plays with Annan....

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Did Goss have an off day?
    Or is that the reason he plays with Annan....
    Oh my God, - I was waiting for this! How we could do with Tommy Goss! In a team of diminutive individuals, - albeit who are technically gifted, - big Tommy would be a gift to our squad, - and he is exactly what we have been missing.

I suggested we should have had in the squad last year, - and with his strength he could give our small players like McKechnie, Riley and Connely, - a little extra time to compose themselves.

Please make no mistake, on another day Tommy could have had a hat-trick yesterday, - and the smile on all of our faces would have been wiped away.

He may not be Championship standard at the moment, - but he'd do more than a good job for Queens in league 1, - and if we had him in the team, - I reckon we'd be on 22 points instead of 12.

Of course that's all hypothetical, - but we have missed a target man to latch onto Gibbo's and McKechnie's crosses, - and to take the pressure off our lighter front men who are prone to injuries.

King Dobbie I'd take him tomorrow at Palmerston, - and let's not forget that it was a big, strong awkward individual by the name of Lyndon Dykes (who very few rated at Palmy) who made many of the goals for Stephen!

[QUOTE=jardi;40375638]Oh my God, - I was waiting for this! How we could do with Tommy Goss! In a team of diminutive individuals, - albeit who are technically gifted, - big Tommy would be a gift to our squad, - and he is exactly what we have been missing.

I suggested we should have had in the squad last year, - and with his strength he could give our small players like McKechnie, Riley and Connely, - a little extra time to compose themselves.

Please make no mistake, on another day Tommy could have had a hat-trick yesterday, - and the smile on all of our faces would have been wiped away.

But he didn’t score three. He scored 0. Riley scored one and should have scored two. I wish everyone would stop harping on about Tommy goss. He’s an Annan player and he is there for good reason. If he was so good he’d have been away to a far bigger club than queens. And anyway the likes of salmon at Alloa is a far stronger player and far superior finisher. If I had a choice I know who I would go for

We are on precisely the same page Fatfan. Connor Sammon is a much more complete article, having had many years at the top level, but his days are numbered, whereas Marvin could still get the best out of Goss.
    At last we accept that we need a big, strong target man at Palmerston, but that is stating the obvious. Getting one at the right price is problematic.
    I'd be delighted if Queens signed him in December on a pre contract for next season while he is still under the radar.
    Will that happen? Would Goss come back? These and many other questions will be answered in the January episode of 'the window.'
    From Tommy ' s perspective, Annan may be doomed and he might bite.
    With a lot of refinement from Marvin, the next Dykes may be 16 miles down the road. (Let's be clear, Dykes for Queens, not Dykes for Scotland! )

I just don't get this obsession with Tommy Goss, but maybe that's just me! Don't forget our biggest failing this season so far is that we leak goals for fun, with the exception of Saturday, although that was mainly due to Annan's poor finishing. Thankfully we have stopped the rot and the next few weeks are going to be very important to see if we can push on from this. In reality it was another game where on the whole we were poor and I remain far from convinced that this squad is capable of going on any form of consistent run, I hope I'm proved wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    I just don't get this obsession with Tommy Goss, but maybe that's just me! Don't forget our biggest failing this season so far is that we leak goals for fun, with the exception of Saturday, although that was mainly due to Annan's poor finishing. Thankfully we have stopped the rot and the next few weeks are going to be very important to see if we can push on from this. In reality it was another game where on the whole we were poor and I remain far from convinced that this squad is capable of going on any form of consistent run, I hope I'm proved wrong!
    Can’t argue with one part of that

That's the beauty of football and differing opinions.

Sorry guys but I don't see the level of commitment and press we witnessed in those early league games that gave us all so much hope at the start of the season. What has happened since then and does Bartley still having the players behind him? As for Goss, Annan fell into the trap of pumping the ball forward to the big guy upfront ignoring the other better options they had. Tommy on the day let Annan down simplies.

Agreed Spike, - Tommy Goss, is one of eleven players and Marvin would make the most of his stature and strength. For me, - he (or someone like him) is the missing link in the Queens squad.

Please don't get me wrong, - I am not saying Tommy Goss is the answer to all our ills, - I am merely suggesting that fit him into a team of small, - technically gifted footballers, - (like we have) and Queens will be a far superior team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)