+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy & Cloughie mural.

Jimmy & Cloughie mural.

Being painted opposite the Navi tonight.

upload pic

Brilliant! Mind you, it would be nice for Cloughie to stick to his own side of the river.

Superb. With a bit of luck in a fews years time we can airbrush Cloughie out altogether and replace him with LW, with maybe Warnock moaning his head off in the background. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Superb. With a bit of luck in a fews years time we can airbrush Cloughie out altogether and replace him with LW, with maybe Warnock moaning his head off in the background. COYP
    Like to see us using some of their surplus talent tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Being painted opposite the Navi tonight.

upload pic
    Why do Forest have to be a part of everything Notts do? Will they be having the same picture painted at the back of the Trent End? Why can't we have a mural of Notts legends, Iremonger, Lawton etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    Why do Forest have to be a part of everything Notts do? Will they be having the same picture painted at the back of the Trent End? Why can't we have a mural of Notts legends, Iremonger, Lawton etc?
    Exactly - if there is to be a mural with our legends and Clough then surely it goes somewhere 'neutral'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Exactly - if there is to be a mural with our legends and Clough then surely it goes somewhere 'neutral'.
    I honestly don’t have an issue with this mural.

The navigation is used by both teams, and away fans. I think to show Clough and Sirrel together is a very nice thought. Both great managers for the Nottingham (and Nottinghamshire) teams.

This isn’t the club doing this, it’s a Nottingham company, promoting two successful individuals. They don’t have to do this. It could just be a white wall.

I’m in favour.

If it were the club, I’d think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I honestly don’t have an issue with this mural.

The navigation is used by both teams, and away fans. I think to show Clough and Sirrel together is a very nice thought. Both great managers for the Nottingham (and Nottinghamshire) teams.

This isn’t the club doing this, it’s a Nottingham company, promoting two successful individuals. They don’t have to do this. It could just be a white wall.

I’m in favour.

If it were the club, I’d think differently.
    As you say Don, privately paid for and a pub used by both sets of supporters, and very close to ML, so a bit of balance was needed. An iconic piccy of 2 iconic managers, I likes it. Now if it had been a piccy of David Needham hoisting the Euro Cup for Forest, I'd have been first in line with the molotov cocktails.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As you say Don, privately paid for and a pub used by both sets of supporters, and very close to ML, so a bit of balance was needed. An iconic piccy of 2 iconic managers, I likes it. Now if it had been a piccy of David Needham hoisting the Euro Cup for Forest, I'd have been first in line with the molotov cocktails.
    So do you think that if l privately paid for a bronze statue of Jimmy Sirrel to be placed outside the City Ground, everyone at Forest would accept it? We already have to put up with the Clough statue in the Market Square and the official Nottingham tourist information centre displaying Forest shirts in the window, purely to promote that club to visitors to the City. Don't you think enough is enough?

It's a great image of two iconic managers and local legends, but I agree that that close to ML, you'd expect a dedicated Notts mural. No way they'd stick it on the other side of the Trent.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast