+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loans

I think we are only one quality central defender from largely fixing the issue. The young gentlemen we have in on loan are either not good enough or not ready. Not that I am pretending it is easy to get in the quality we need. Aden Flint would have been perfect.

My gut tells me we chased some decent defenders but couldn’t get them so brought in Tipton and then with Baj getting injured got Macari in.
    I think it just proves we won’t get just anyone in on a permanent.

Don’t forget we are signing Conor Keeley in January. He will come straight into the team and likely be our best defender.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Don’t forget we are signing Conor Keeley in January. He will come straight into the team and likely be our best defender.
    I won't believe it until it is official , signed sealed and delivered I'm yours !!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    How is he likely to be our best defender? What’s this based on? No disrespect to Conor, he isn’t coming from a good league. His current team aren’t full time. I trust Radar to pick a potential diamond.
    I don’t think we should have an expectation he’s going to come in and be a world beater immediately upon arrival.
    One thing he has is height… how good is he at using it?

I'm surprised we haven't loaned a couple of decent players from Forest. They have one of the best academies in the country and will surely have a handful of players who could make a real difference, like Grant and Yates did a few years ago. Mansfield loaned Swan and Harbottle from them last season, and they did well.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    How is he likely to be our best defender? What’s this based on? No disrespect to Conor, he isn’t coming from a good league. His current team aren’t full time. I trust Radar to pick a potential diamond.
    I don’t think we should have an expectation he’s going to come in and be a world beater immediately upon arrival.
    One thing he has is height… how good is he at using it?
    Great point there seems to be a lot of positivity around this signing which I’m all for but just because he’s 6foot 6 unfortunately doesn’t guarantee he’s going to be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I could see premier clubs in future not wanting to loan us any of their young up and coming players, if we are not prepared to give them game time.. Our own defenders at times are a disaster waiting to happen.
    I'd imagine the appeal to loan us youngsters isn't always about game time.

These players wouldn't have much experience even just training within a first team environment full time, so it'll be as much about giving them exposure to that as it is about playing.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Great point there seems to be a lot of positivity around this signing which I’m all for but just because he’s 6foot 6 unfortunately doesn’t guarantee he’s going to be really good.
    If and when we do sign him, there's a good chance he'll disappear for the best part of a month till he's brought up to speed. It's the Luke PieWalker way.....

All we seem to be doing is giving Tipton and Macari experience training with a 1st team in L2. That can only benefit their parent clubs and not us. It seems we only have them so we can continue with the 11v11 games in training when platers are out injured. An odd way to use the loan system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast