+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonali

I was pissed about the Tonali thing at first but you have to take the positives in this. He can spend more time learning Eddies tactics and formation while improving his English. I do think we will be fine without him for a while as we have Joelinton, Anderson and Willock to cover for him. He will return a much better player once he doesn't have this hanging over him and who knows this could be the reason he's not performed as well as people know he can. I guess we will have to wait and see but lets support the lad through it.

I think he's performed quite well since joining overall, and I don't think that a ban is the best way for learning tactics. Playing is the best way. But I agree about looking at the positives, if it all possible.

Eddie said the club knew nothing about this when he signed.

I'm sure he/they didn't. Tonali and Milan did though.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Eddie said the club knew nothing about this when he signed.
    Good as he is, and bargain price that he was, I'm sure Eddie with his strict requirements of character and attitude, would have by passed any player with any serious addiction of any sort, heavy smoker. drink addict or gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Not sure how he has shown Newcastle or English football any disrespect.. he didn't know he was coming to England when he was betting..

Ivan Toney will be with a top club after his ban guaranteed, the press didn't vilify him as much as the English press are reporting on Tonali

Is Tonali in the wrong.. yes...

Do I hope he plays for us again after his ban.. 100%

It's happened, he will get banned.. we keep moving forward..
    I’d have thought the disrespect shown to Newcastle is obvious. He happily signed a lucrative contract and watched us waste millions of pounds knowing he is at a risk of being banned from playing. He may have even known it was more than just a risk.

It’s disrespect to English football because he’s used our club, our league, our wealth and even our country. He’s used them all to help out AC Milan. Doesn’t seem he’s come here for football reasons, or even personal financial reasons. It’s a very strange situation.

He’s let everyone down and he’s done it knowingly. How can the other players forgive him?

I'm afraid I agree. In signing for us whilst knowing this was going on, he's shown massive disrespect by not telling us,

Obviously that all depends on whether he knew whether this investigation was happening when he signed for us. If he didn't (and I honestly don't know-I'm not sure of the timeline of events) then the least you can say, imo, is that he knew he had a problem but didn't think to tell us.

And yes, I know that folk aren't generally inclined to shoot themselves in the foot on purpose, but that in itself doesn't detract from the fact that he's basically lied to us when he signed. And it's hard to argue that that's not disrespectful.

It depends when he found out when the authorities were on to him. He thought his betting on these sites couldn’t be traced back to him.
    Still, at the very least, he’s been dishonest with us. I think EH is right with his attitude towards him but it’s not nailed on that the more senior people in the club will show the same.

I personally think he's done, even if he get's off with a smack on the wrist he's tainted now. This cloud will be hovering over him for a long time to come I'm afraid.

To be honest - it'll be the whole national team.

Who will believe they didn't know what was going on, who will believe they might not have skeletons in the closet.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)