+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is freezing Council tax fair to

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Are you sure the reason for the MV Loch Frisia being stranded in a berth at Craignure is that has only one engine? Surely it can steam, or limp, to a safe haven on one engine or at a push can be towed? I just find that a strange reason to say a boat can't steam.

On another note when I was planning a journey to Mull around three years ago I was strongly advised not to go from Oban to Craignure as it was notorious for being cancelled. I went from Lochaline to Fishnish instead, although that's also CalMac but more dependable.
    I enclose the latest update from the Calmac ferries website regarding the MV Loch Frisa. https://www.calmac.co.uk/service-status?route=11

Whilst I am no fan of the present UK government, the Scottish administration are a complete shambles. Sturgeon the failure was an an actress, completely warped by her own ego, but the current incumbent is an absolute imbecile. Possibly even more astonishing is that he saw fit to entrust Scotland's financial well being in the hands of the career failure that is Shona Robison, who much to my disgust is the MSP for my area.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Whilst I am no fan of the present UK government, the Scottish administration are a complete shambles. Sturgeon the failure was an an actress, completely warped by her own ego, but the current incumbent is an absolute imbecile. Possibly even more astonishing is that he saw fit to entrust Scotland's financial well being in the hands of the career failure that is Shona Robison, who much to my disgust is the MSP for my area.
    The cult will still vote for them though.

Can stand the way “nationalised” has become a dirty word. Most of the best railways in Europe are.

And go back to the dark days of the 70's? Nah I'll give that a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    And go back to the dark days of the 70's? Nah I'll give that a miss.
    But is there a different way. Must the 1970's return?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I can see no different way to the 1970’s if we return to nationalised industries which were badly run.
    You just need to look at the Scottish Government owned businesses such as CMAL to see what a shambles they are with the CMAL management not speaking to the Transport Scotland management.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Aye of course there's a different way, how it's achieved ? No idea. I personally think state ownership now would be worse than the 70's, the track record North of the border especially in the last 15 years has been to say the least poor. Everything from building hospitals and ferries to tram lines and public transport.I think the reason it would get worse is people's sense of entitlement now is far higher than it was in the 70s.
    One thing I would insist on if asked to vote on state ownership would be responsibilities, it happens in the private sector, Slater should have walked for the plastic bottle fiasco and God knows how many for the ferry building.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Aye of course there's a different way, how it's achieved ? No idea. I personally think state ownership now would be worse than the 70's, the track record North of the border especially in the last 15 years has been to say the least poor. Everything from building hospitals and ferries to tram lines and public transport.I think the reason it would get worse is people's sense of entitlement now is far higher than it was in the 70s.
    One thing I would insist on if asked to vote on state ownership would be responsibilities, it happens in the private sector, Slater should have walked for the plastic bottle fiasco and God knows how many for the ferry building.
    Absolutely. Allowing this current administration to manage anything would be an absolute disaster. Slater, Robison, Yousaf all disasters in their portfolio areas. Fitzpatrick during covid. Couldn't even read something from a piece of paper. Two of the afore-mentioned, embarrassingly, represent Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Absolutely. Allowing this current administration to manage anything would be an absolute disaster. Slater, Robison, Yousaf all disasters in their portfolio areas. Fitzpatrick during covid. Couldn't even read something from a piece of paper. Two of the afore-mentioned, embarrassingly, represent Dundee.
    I totally agree with everything you have posted.
    One of the biggest problems with the current SNP and Green MSPs is that they have had no previous experience of being local authority councillors before they stood for election as MSPs.
    Jenni Minto the SNP MSP for Argyll and Bute who is now the Scottish Government Public Health minister was an Islay Community Councillor prior to being selected to stand as the SNP candidate in the last Scottish Government elections.
    She was hopeless as an Islay Community Councillor (ICC) as she only attended ICC meetings when there was something in it for her.
    She is also a friend of Brendan O’Hara the SNP MP for Argyll and Bute hence her meteoric rise to fame.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)