+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gillingham FC 21.10.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Can't understand why our fans criticise any of our players today.
    A really patched up team bring back 3 points and still some are not happy.
    I can tell you now, it has taken all of this week to get 50% over last week but I'm still supporting the boys and our style of play.
    In 50 odd years I have never enjoyed going to the Lane so much and that includes the Great Sirrell era. There is something special happening throughout our club, embrace it we are so lucky.
    The whole team was brilliant today, and it was good to see both Matty Palmer and Sam Slocombe back to their best.. Also, I would have no problem with Macari starting against Newport, For such a young player he was immense...Perhaps it time to unleash Tipton as well...

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Derby County forum - 2nd post on the "Warne Out Out" thread..... "Snap your hand off for Notts County’s gaffer."

They have got a bit of a history for taking our best people. Had Sirrel not gone to Sheff Utd and stuck with Notts for another 12 months, maybe he would have ended up going to the Baseball Ground after Dave Mackay was sacked, or after the surprise appointment of Colin Murphy not working out another 10 months later.
    I doubt they can afford to pay off Warne and then pay off the contract LW has at Notts. Luckily the thread mentions other currently available managers. Plus there's a chance we'll be playing them next season if all goes well this end or not so well their end.

Totally agree with the above poster the whole team were brilliant yesterday especially in the circumstances. Hope that came across to those watching online.

I hope Macari starts against Newport after that perfomance and we dominate possession to make it a nicer introduction to starting a league game. Him starting with another youngster in Tipton might be a step too far for me personally but as said on another post I trust the coaches with the team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post

I hope Macari starts against Newport after that perfomance and we dominate possession to make it a nicer introduction to starting a league game. Him starting with another youngster in Tipton might be a step too far for me personally but as said on another post I trust the coaches with the team selection.
    I think there's a 100% Macari will start. I'd even go as far as to say it's his place now, nobody else has seemed to want to claim it so far this season.

And then I'd say there's a 50% shot Tipton plays Tuesday as well. Maybe he'll be inspired by LM. No problem for me the 2 loanees either side of Baldwin for a home match v Newport

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There was a bit of negativity and mainly at Slocombe. I really don’t get why he gets such negativity, he isn’t the greatest but at the same time certainly not the worse.
    As for the defence, we just play a high line and that’s been even more exposed in L2. Wrexham had a field day with it when we played them away and Chesterfield to some extent in the play off final. If anything blame LW as I think he would say the same to blame him. I would personally say I’ll take 2nd and some of the cracking matches we’re being treated to and we are being treated, any long support Notts fan knows that.
    Good posts, love the way we play, go more defensive and we lose our brilliant attacking strength, the key to keeping it tight at the back is to keep the ball and win it back quickly when the opposition has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    1st. I thought LW's Notts would have the minerals to bounce back after the gutpunch Mansfield loss and am stoked they proved me right. Really looks like we've got that rare mix of silky skill and sturdy heart.

McG had a good game, Matty P too. Macari impressed and so pleased he slammed it in the onion bag! He looks suitably chuffed on the vid.

The whole team should be working on crosses into the box all week imo. how many did we waste?

SS save towards the end probably made the difference, so... you can pick nits but I like Stone too and think we've got two highly competent goalies to be fair. The thing about Sam S for me is how he went to pieces in the playoff final. Sure forgive and forget but goalies and captains are held to higher standards.

talking of which, I'm generiously giving Cam his yellow as strategy, and LW's face in the presser seems to confirm it. Defo had more moments of class yesterday, but still inconsistent.

No doom here. It's perfectly ok to rant and rave with the slings and arrows on a match thread to me. We're not perfect but any long term Notts fan who isn't still hugely excited by us right now needs to give their head a wobble.

I don't think LW's head would be turned by Derby. The clubs still a bit of a mess, and he's building a legacy rn
    Personally i saw things differently
    Did Sam S go to pieces -for me was unlucky in the play off final to have the penelty given against him, was never a pen in my opinion
    Also in Mansfield game , just as in play offs it was the defenders fault allowing the goal keeper to come under continuos pressure
    And im glad he made the save yesterday that gave us the 3 points, and LW seems to think highly of him in regards to his post match comments

I've not been on much lately but good to see the nodding dogs versus bed wetters battle is still going on ha ha. As Elite says, why does it matter what someone posts if that's their opinion? People are going to have different opinions on players as well, For example I'm not a massive fan of Slocambe but I'm sure he's a great person and don't mean to offend him (or his family as someone dramatically put) I'm also very glad of his match winning save yesterday so well done Sam. It's a football club, what club in the world doesn't have supporters who think differently. Nonsense the lot of it and why it's much better without Laddo belittling people for their opinions.

Anyone who's still here supporting Notts through the Scardino, Trust, Munto, Trew, Hardy and relegation to non league eras obviously loves the club. Just looking through that list makes me think jesus christ what a line up.

We're doing fantastically this season, last week was bad but we've been promoted 4 months and still have members of the first 11 who we might be better off changing, nevermind the squad. Mansfield had 6 players out and still looked good. It's a great time to be a Notts fan. COYP

Regarding the so called "voluntary" yellows yesterday - I don't buy it.
    If he didn't want them to play on Tuesday in case they got a booking, he could have rested them.
    Now they are both 1 card nearer to getting 10 and a bigger penalty. We aren't even a third of the way through the season yet.

Lol crazyfists, you must have missed EP belittling the people he doesn't see eye to eye with, I guess it depends if you are in the clique or not.

I don't think LW could have rested Cameron and McGoldrick yesterday, given our injuries at the moment. We may well lose on Tuesday, due to injuries and those bookings, but it is more important to beat Wrexham, as they are more of a threat to us being up there in the play off shake up.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

Anyone who's still here supporting Notts through the Scardino, Trust, Munto, Trew, Hardy and relegation to non league eras obviously loves the club. Just looking through that list makes me think jesus christ what a line up.
    Scardino, Trust, Munro, Trew, Hardy…. Terrible forward line that.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast