+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gillingham FC 21.10.23 [EFL L2]

[QUOTE=durhampie;40375218]
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post

So when did Sunday teams qualify for the FA cup ?
    When they play on a Sunday 😜

The abuse that Slocombe has taken on this site before the game starts is terrible and so glad that his save late on won us the game.
    We are 2nd in the league not in the relegation zone keyboard warriors - imagine if he did read this or his family not exactly going to help him.
    He played well v Derby which got him the start v Mansfield his kicking wasn’t brilliant but we got beat in the air wherever he kicked it,none of the goals were his fault.
    Today his kicking was better ..but was that because Gillingham weren’t as big as Mansfield
    Anyway so pleased he made that save and was the match winner and so pleased for him
    Here, here, well said that man. I've been sickened by the criticism that Sam has received by, as you say, keyboard warriors. And it's the same idiots all the time

[QUOTE=tommopie8;40375226][QUOTE=Proactive not Reactive;40375210]
    The shut your Gobi comment on the Mansfield thread was a pun at the fact you'd spelled dessert as desert - nothing personal.

The fact is no-one would know you had managed at any level if you didn't crowbar it into messages trying to diminish other poster's points of view and my point is you could've been absolutely terrible or fantastic but it doesn't mean your opinion is objectively more correct than another posters observations of a match.../QUOTE]

Anyone would think he'd been at Palace,managing Wilfried Sahara.

[QUOTE=tommopie8;40375226]

You're entitled to your opinion as is everyone. It was the "don't knock managers unless you've tried it" comment I was referring to in my last message.

The shut your Gobi comment on the Mansfield thread was a pun at the fact you'd spelled dessert as desert - nothing personal.

The fact is no-one would know you had managed at any level if you didn't crowbar it into messages trying to diminish other poster's points of view and my point is you could've been absolutely terrible or fantastic but it doesn't mean your opinion is objectively more correct than another posters observations of a match...

I did hear the commentary and you're right at first they were suggesting it was gamesmanship by Slocombe but rectified this once the ref was seeking out the head steward.
    I have seen a lot of your posts on here and most make common sense, okay perhaps I have thrown the Manager thing in but it does make you see the game differently.
    It frustrates me that the Supporters saw the players give their all last season and so far this season and are praising and in some cases worshipping them one minute and giving them dogs abuse the next - look at the Harry McGuire situation I just wish people would think before posting and not post anything that they wouldn’t say to the players faces.
    It’s a special time to be a Notts fan and get behind the squad imo.
    The Commentators did change eventually but their knowledge was very slow because you could tell a lot earlier than they did, basically when Sam was holding the back of his head

A great win after conceding a bad equaliser.... now on to Tuesday... a win over out of sorts Newport could send us back top with Stockport away to in form Crewe...

Proactive not Reactive being targeted, much like Laddo was, from out of the blue.

I am going to suggest that the vast majority of not all the people who make regular comments throughout the game, aren't actually at the game and are instead watching online or listening on the wireless.

It is obvious that some people like to do this watch online and look for, pick out and then highlight individual errors that lead to goals being conceded or chances being served up by making comments on here. Unless it's a goal for Notts GETTT INNNN you do not tend to read any comments from the same people for positive bits of team play or highlighting individual contributions that lead to a good opportunity. I do not know why this is and am unable to offer an explanation. My guess is it's simply what they like to do during a game. Maybe to calm their nerves.

When you are actually at the game especially an away game like today you aren't looking for individual errors in the same way to the same level. You may not see them all because of the emotion of the live game, being there in that uncovered away section in the elements. You are often too busy caught up in the whole environment cheering on the boys and offering much needed positive vocal support. You are seeing the good, the bad and the ugly of fourth tier football and take it for it is whilst praying for that full time whistle and three points.

Put it this way I doubt many of any of the 820 there today were updating the match day thread during the action.

What a moment when Macari hit the winner as it was detained to hit the back of the net as soon as it was hit.

Great 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Here, here, well said that man. I've been sickened by the criticism that Sam has received by, as you say, keyboard warriors. And it's the same idiots all the time
    Agree but there are others that get the same sickening criticism and indeed often from the same posters.Unfortunately the mistakes at Wembley are scorched into the memory and if he’d stayed on for the penalties I think we’d still be in NL

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Both were on 4 bookings, So if they were to get booked against Newport then they would not be able to face Wrexham..
    I know but part of me thinks be strong against Newport and try and bag the 3 points and deal with whatever happens for the Wrexham game, hopefully the gamble pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    The good old 'happy clapper' lol, someone who supports the team, and prefers to give encouragement, and keep any criticism, constructive, all the time, even when aware there are things that need improving.
    I’ll sign up for that one

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast