+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Charlton RIP

R.I.P. Bobby and probably my first ever footballing hero, condolences to the family and friends, and yes, a true LEGEND 😥❤

Part of the fabric of our collective growing up and already in the pantheon of the footballing greats.

Sad news indeed.

Sad news. R.I.P. Sir Bobby Charlton. A magnificent footballer and a true gentleman. Am I right in thinking that after all the games that he played in he never got booked once. I think I heard it said and if so that is unbelievable. What a legend.

RIP Sir Bobbie an absolute legend, known all over the world for his footballing skills and loved throughout this country for being the gentleman that he was.

Marvellous, footballer, humble man, Great ambassador for the game. You’ll be sorely missed, Sir Bobby - with enduring gratitude for your legacy, rest in peace, Sir

A very sad loss indeed, I remember him playing in a testimonial at millmoor, I touched his bald head in the post match pitch invasion, I don't think he was well pleased, and rightly so. A wonderful footballer and the world is a worse place without him. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Feels like a member of my family has passed. Sir Bobby was my football idol growing up. I still have the only football annual I ever owned -

the FA Book for Boys 1961/2, which featured an article on Bobby Charlton. At that time we were stalwarts in the second division, and this was

only four years before we entertained Man U in one of the greatest FA cup ties ever played at Millmoor.

He personified everything that was good about English football during his outstanding career, and he was one of the few names with a

worldwide reputation before the age of the internet. He was on a par with Pele.

So, so sad. RIP Sir Bobby.
    Yes, went to the replay and was awestruck by their players. In the days when Man U fans mingled with us. Woman Man U fan took a shine to me I was about 5 years old) and got me George Bests autograph but it was Bobby Charlton who I just stared at the whole of the game. Glad he made up with Jackie before it was too late. As they say, they don’t make em like that today. Fabulous footballer, humble human being and a gent to the end.

Rotherham United FC
    @RotherhamUnited
    READ | Millers and Coventry City to join in minute's applause to celebrate the life and achievements of Sir Bobby Charlton

Sir Bobby's brother, Tommy, will join us as a guest of the club as we pay our respects.

Inquest news…courtesy of the bbc..

Sir Bobby Charlton died after fall, inquest hears https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-67285478

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12