+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Charlton RIP

Bobby Charlton RIP

A bloke who deserved the tag:

One the true greats of the game.

Fly high Sir Bobby

O/T R I P Sir Bobby Charlton

Not many better English players I've seen in the position he played. Only Geoff Hurst remaining now from the 66 World Cup winning side.

Same move this to who put this up 1st

Sad news

Rip sir

One of the greatest. Would surely make a greatest all time 11.
    RIP A TRUE LEGEND.

Wonderful footballer and gentleman. Not so great in the management role. Saw him play against us at Old Trafford in '66 (first away match) with that wonderful MUFC side. His goals in the '66 World Cup competition and against Benfica in the European Cup Final are the stuff of football legend. Bobby's brother is a Rotherham fan and sits in the West Stand. The likeness is extraordinary!

RIP Bobby.

Feels like a member of my family has passed. Sir Bobby was my football idol growing up. I still have the only football annual I ever owned -

the FA Book for Boys 1961/2, which featured an article on Bobby Charlton. At that time we were stalwarts in the second division, and this was

only four years before we entertained Man U in one of the greatest FA cup ties ever played at Millmoor.

He personified everything that was good about English football during his outstanding career, and he was one of the few names with a

worldwide reputation before the age of the internet. He was on a par with Pele.

So, so sad. RIP Sir Bobby.

Very, very sad news
    RIP Sir Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not many better English players I've seen in the position he played. Only Geoff Hurst remaining now from the 66 World Cup winning side.

edit... Sir Geoff Hurst

RIP Sir Bobby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast