+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v PAOK

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Standards come from the top and this will be passed off as us being unlucky so no one will be held accountable. This is one of the reasons we are becoming perenial losers. Even when we were two up I had every confidence we would stuff it up and sadly we did just that. You would think we would be used to the disappointment by now.
    We are becoming perenial losers?

That’s what we have been for the past 30 odd years.

Robson is being held accountable for the result with his naivety making the 3 subs which changed the game.

He certainly was by the fans last night,it’s anyone’s guess whether or not Cormack is holding him accountable and letting Robson know he ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Just back. First half was a nothing really. They seemed to cope better with the wind than us, certainly their first touch was better and they put some passes together.

Second half was a half of two halves. Did brilliantly for the two goals. The substitutions then did seem to kill us. Hayes was all over the shop and we missed Barron. Polvara ought not to be tired after 70 minutes, Barron didn’t look tired so not sure why he came off.

But even then, that was a stonewall penalty. I’d be writing a strongly worded letter to uefa. The suggestion is var didn’t even look at it, which just makes no sense as McKenzie appealed pretty vociferously. Shocking.

Starting to feel cursed after being at the hun game we threw away in extra time
    This.

I thought at the start of this campaign that with such a new team , Europe was always a bonus , and expected nothing from them. Turns out we're a lot closer than I thought.

PAOK are a very good side. We'll give them ( and Hacken and Eintract etc ). a far better game next season. If we keep this set of players together.

Think back to our glory days. We didn't go out and just beat Liverpool . But we learnt from that .

Last night , many were expecting us to get tanked. Same in Germany. Instead we are sick not to win ?

Two excellent goals. Our homegrown youngsters shining.

We need to stick to this plan. Sign more players in January and next summer ( as good as we have this last close season )

Now , let's get right into the domestic season. Beat Kilmarnock , beat Hibs . And move onwards and upwards

COYR.

( The glass is half full )

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We are becoming perenial losers?

That’s what we have been for the past 30 odd years.
    All too true sadly and if this is the standard Dave sets it will never change despite all his bluster about being a top 100 club. Will he hold Robson accountable given how much he has lost the club throwing away a win in Europe? Perhaps he is content in the knowledge that win bonuses rarely need to be paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Polvara was out on his feet
    Barron wasn’t and neither was Miovski
    Miovski would have been tiring as he put in a great shift. Duk wasn't the right player to put on as a lone striker though.

Barron didn't look like a player who was tired though and that was the bad call that cost us the game.
    We lost our composure when he went off.

Bringing on 3 subs was stupid for a number of reasons but the team itself should be able to cope with it. It wasnt inexperienced youngsters coming on

Gutted last night. Robson's game plan was going so well until 3 subs at once. Why? A bit of naivety there I thought. We really had them rattled at 2-0. I thought they were far far better than us in the first half. Very good team, lightning speed on the break and always seemed to have a player in loads of space. Unbelievable that there wasn't even a check on our penalty claim. Honestly let's bin var if that's how badly it works or just doesn't work.

Bringing on 3 subs towards the end of a game is a desperate act for a losing team.

If we'd had players like Robson, Cooper (dare i say it) Brown on the bench then, perhaps 'what we have we hold' would work.

But our bench doesn't - neither does our squad.

If the manager admits, in a few days, he may have erred and will learn from it then - great. There has been progress under BR and we have some players worth paying to watch but he's a new manager and needs a full season to be judged.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    This.

I thought at the start of this campaign that with such a new team , Europe was always a bonus , and expected nothing from them. Turns out we're a lot closer than I thought.

PAOK are a very good side. We'll give them ( and Hacken and Eintract etc ). a far better game next season. If we keep this set of players together.

Think back to our glory days. We didn't go out and just beat Liverpool . But we learnt from that .

Last night , many were expecting us to get tanked. Same in Germany. Instead we are sick not to win ?

Two excellent goals. Our homegrown youngsters shining.

We need to stick to this plan. Sign more players in January and next summer ( as good as we have this last close season )

Now , let's get right into the domestic season. Beat Kilmarnock , beat Hibs . And move onwards and upwards

COYR.

( The glass is half full )

Yip
    Disappointing thought it is, I'm afraid it all adds to the player's experience, and this team isn't a team full of borrowed players.

Be really surprised if nobody comes in for Miovski in January, after yet another good performance and a well taken goal last night.

I really hope we can tie Barron up on a contract too and don't lose him for peanuts at the end of the season/January.

We have done well keeping Miovski for the European campaign,I would be delighted if we can keep a hold of him until the summer but I would imagine we signed Sokler to replace him and he might not be too happy sitting on the bench all season.

Barron has been superb so far this season he’s been our best midfielder which is some going considering he couldn’t get in the team last season,would be great if he signed a new contract but his agent is probably chirping in his ear about bigger clubs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast