+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary O'Neil

Gary O'Neil

I'd started to warm to Gary O'Neil after the Manchester City win but watching him explain, and show his ideas, tactics and philosophy on MNF tonight has made me realise he's a damned sight more than a PE teacher!!

I thought he came across extremely well.

Sounds like he genuinely lives and breathes the game.

Yes bud, he did

Many supporters were too quick to judge the guy. Most wanted a big name that was out of work. They were out of work because they had been either sacked or had walked away. In the few games so far we have seen positive signs from the team, and the comments from the players seem to suggest that they are happy with the way he coaches.

We have had a tough start to the season, and there is still a long way to go. Eleven points is a decent start, while more importantly we have take seven points from relegation candidates. If VAR had worked properly, Man U and Luton, we should have had four****, and be sitting in the top ten in the table.

Exactly that George.

Fair play for the calm, measured response after yet another total cluster**** VAR episode.

Hey, at least we'll get another apology.

Quote Originally Posted by innunowetrust1 View Post
    Fair play for the calm, measured response after yet another total cluster**** VAR episode.

Hey, at least we'll get another apology.
    The first penalty wasn’t a foul he’s played the ball and there’s minimal contact… Cairney bought it the way he went down. Players are very good at simulation to get fouls all over the pitch, it’s very much part of the modern game. Obvious simulation needs to be rewarded with a card, retrospectively if necessary to help stamp it out.Their second penalty was a penalty in my view, knee to thigh, Wilson again goes down like he’s been shot but it’s a penalty. Ream should be sent off for his penalty challenge, I’m not sure about Vinícius there was hardly any contact, but as an example to kids etc he should probably be sent off. Not a good day for referees and VAR yet again…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)