+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: County Group?

County Group?

Looks like the Reedtz brothers are also interested in Sampdoria

https://twitter.com/AndreLaMonica22/...01544483377405

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Looks like the Reedtz brothers are also interested in Sampdoria

https://twitter.com/AndreLaMonica22/...01544483377405
    Yesterday, together with #Manfredi, the Reedtz brothers were present at the match, 2 of the potential investors for #Sampdoria. The 2 Danish brothers own Notts County. No confirmation at the moment, given that Asian investors are also present in the background.

Presumably we'll send our young stars out on loan to Samp for some first-team experience once we've established ourselves as a Premier League force.

I hope they are not using the profits from Notts to fund this

I think this shows that the brothers aren't financing their football ventures off the back of the £1.8m profit that Football Radar made in their last accounts....it's been mentioned in numerous places that they are part of a consortium, or that their Dad is Danish financier Peter Reedzt (had a little cameo for us in the 93/94 season )
    Last edited by Bushwacka; 24-10-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I think this shows that the brothers aren't financing their football ventures off the back of the £1.8m profit that Football Radar made in their last accounts....it's been mentioned in numerous places that they are part of a consortium, or that their Dad is Danish financier Peter Reedzt (had a little cameo for us in the 93/94 season )
    Yeah, this definitely shows the financial clout that the bros have. I love that they're running the club smartly rather than throwing money around, but it's also good to know they aren't in a Hardy position and relying on profits from a small business to run the club.

The following is translated from the website https://www.ilsecoloxix.it/sport/202...edtz-13804600/ along with a photo of the brothers at the ground.

Sampdoria, among the potential investors here are the Reedtz brothers
    The Danish brothers Alexander and Christoffer were in the group present at Ferraris in Matteo Manfredi's Skybox. They are already in football, owners of Notts County

Genoa – In the small group of potential Sampdoria investors that Matteo Manfredi hosted in Genoa from Friday to Sunday, then took them to the SkyBox at the Ferraris to watch the match against Cosenza there were also the Danish brothers Alexander, 36, and Christoffer Reedtz, 40. Football fans, to the point of founding an internationally established football analysis and data company "Football radar", since July 2019 they have been at the head of the consortium that had taken over Notts County, a Nottingham club in great difficulty (just relegated to the National League) and currently second in the English Football League, the fourth and last level of English professional football. Their plan is to grow steadily for the club.

When the Reedtz brothers took over Notts County, they said: "Ever since we founded Football Radar 10 years ago, our goal has been to own a professional football club and we're thrilled that the day has come when we've made that ambition a reality. Although football is a business for us, it is also our lifelong passion and now to have the opportunity to own a club with a heritage like Notts County is a dream come true for both of us."

In recent months, rumors had filtered out about the two brothers' interest in other clubs outside England. Sampdoria could be part of this expansion project.

My initial thought was if this does come off could it be to the detriment of Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    My initial thought was if this does come off could it be to the detriment of Notts?
    Them investing in Viborg hasn't been detrimental?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post

Currently in the Italian 2nd tier, but I remember Trevor Francis and Graeme Souness going there when they were one of the top sides in Europe and if they got their act together again they'd have far more potential than Notts (and Viborg) as former UCL finalists (1992) and winners of the ECWC (1990).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast