+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

When we go 1-0 up in a match I really have to get out of the habit of continually updating the match thread in anticipation of the seemingly inevitable "Bugger" or "WTF" comment popping up when the equaliser is scored. Well done tonight on our biggest win of the season and maybe it's a corner turned as we look to close the gap on those above us and extend the gap on all the teams below us that play in blue and white. Hopefully (he says knowing it's a big wish) none of the injuries suffered tonight prove to be too serious.

Thoughts?

So many great performances tonight, particularly Rathbone. We were transformed in the 2nd half when Revan replaced Appiah. Appiah totally ineffective first half. Thought Hugill had one of his best games, no throwing himself down and fighting with the opposition but working his socks off. Proud to be a Miller tonight

Well its seven in the morning, congratulations to the Players and all concerned, thanks for making my day.!

Best game Hugill's had in a Rotherham shirt
    Worst game Fred's had
    Appiah looked lost - maybe he has to play on the right?
    Dexter still looks more like a winger than a defender
    Viktor, Peltier, Bramhall and the cameos from Georgie and Haks were outstanding and Ollie deserved MOTM
    Morrison was a warrior, Cafu oozed class, Tiehi worked hard
    Taylor's substitutions all worked and overall, there were positives to take away

That said, like the Southampton game, the scoreline flattered us and we still need Taylor out if we're to stay up but for now, let's just savour the rare, sweet taste of victory

The issue in the first half is that Appiah offers nothing defensively. He will struggle to get another start after that.

Huge shout out to Lee Peltier who was immense in both boxes. Hopefully he’s fit for Sunday. Absolute warrior.

Peltier mom shows how much we are against it signing a 36 year old.

Cafu just quality but his attitude is brilliant

Morrison missed him most.

After the southampton performance I expected a decent result.

Was a good game.

We will beat Wednesday and we are massive odds

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The issue in the first half is that Appiah offers nothing defensively. He will struggle to get another start after that.

Huge shout out to Lee Peltier who was immense in both boxes. Hopefully he’s fit for Sunday. Absolute warrior.
    Absolutely
    Lee Peltier MOTM for me by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Best game Hugill's had in a Rotherham shirt
    Worst game Fred's had
    Appiah looked lost - maybe he has to play on the right?
    Dexter still looks more like a winger than a defender
    Viktor, Peltier, Bramhall and the cameos from Georgie and Haks were outstanding and Ollie deserved MOTM
    Morrison was a warrior, Cafu oozed class, Tiehi worked hard
    Taylor's substitutions all worked and overall, there were positives to take away

That said, like the Southampton game, the scoreline flattered us and we still need Taylor out if we're to stay up but for now, let's just savour the rare, sweet taste of victory
    Taylor out this is a big wind up by a multi.

Answer me this

Tony Stewart has under funded us by 40 million yet no one calls for him.

Yet the manager who has to work under those constraints gets his head called for

Yes iv bitten

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

Answer me this

Yet the manager who has to work under those constraints gets his head called for

Yes iv bitten
    Can you give us a breakdown of this 40m ?

My thoughts, Peltier MoM, good subs by MT taking Appiah off , Revan on. Good fresh legs with Georgie and Haks. Couple of great saves by Viktor, great spirit all round.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

Answer me this

Yes iv bitten
    This squad is plenty good enough to stay up - TS isn't the problem, the clueless manager with asinine tactics (what DerbyMiller rightly called Hugillball), poor team selection and a defeatist attitude is
    I don't know where we'd get a better funder and chairman than TS - there are plenty of managers who'd keep us up, but Taylor isn't one of them
    Great win tonight but it doesn't disguise the fact that Taylor is out of his depth

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast