+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Stevenage v. Rams

Matchday Thread: Stevenage v. Rams

Are we getting into gear?

Tuesday wasn't brilliant but it felt a bit more like some of last year's games where the only imponderable was how many we'd score. Maybe Stevenage will be the same, if we fail IMO we really do have a problem with consistency

Anyone?

Faber related trivia, my last visit to the town was Friday August 3 1979 when I bailed on my own birthday party to sleep in the back of a Vauxhall Viva in Stevenage Sainsbury's car park. Those who know will know, not related to football
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 27-10-2023 at 10:02 AM.

This will be a real test. They are 2 points and 1 place above us but they are the home side. They've scored 19, us 20. Conceded 16 to our 12. Stats tell us that we, considering our away form this season as well, should have the upper hand. There is, however, another side to this story. Namely, they are a physical side and will be all over us like a rash. Not the kind of side we have done well against of late.

I'll be happy enough with a scrappy 0-1 win with the winner going in off Cash's derriere.

Seems like the battle of this season’s over achievers v the under achievers. Think it’ll be tough in front of a capacity, if sub 8k, crowd while Steve Evans, knows a thing or two about making the most of a little and knows PW well too
    If we see the Blackpool Rams I think we’ll see an important win. The Cheltenham/Shrews version may see us come seriously unstuck. Who knows...score draw may be on the cards...2-2...and that will do if it’s backed up with a win on Tuesday.

Forgot to mention that we have 2 games in hand on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Are we getting into gear?

Tuesday wasn't brilliant but it felt a bit more like some of last year's games where the only imponderable was how many we'd score. Maybe Stevenage will be the same, if we fail IMO we really do have a problem with consistency

Anyone?

Faber related trivia, my last visit to the town was Friday August 3 1979 when I bailed on my own birthday party to sleep in the back of a Vauxhall Viva in Stevenage Sainsbury's car park. Those who know will know, not related to football
    On the matter of Stevenage nostalgia, the last and only time I've ever been there was because I was working in Woolmer Green just up the road from Stevenage. Staying in a pub but not much else to do, so we went into the big City and watched Straw Dogs at the Stevenage Odeon or whatever it was called. Very little to commend the place, although the presence of Susan George and Sally Tomsett on screen did compensate. 1975 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    On the matter of Stevenage nostalgia, the last and only time I've ever been there was because I was working in Woolmer Green just up the road from Stevenage. Staying in a pub but not much else to do, so we went into the big City and watched Straw Dogs at the Stevenage Odeon or whatever it was called. Very little to commend the place, although the presence of Susan George and Sally Tomsett on screen did compensate. 1975 I believe
    For your George and Tomsett I’ll raise you Dave bloody Swarbrick and Chas bleeding Hodges amongst others

Doesn't Sir Lewis hail from Stevenage

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    For your George and Tomsett I’ll raise you Dave bloody Swarbrick and Chas bleeding Hodges amongst others
    I'll re-raise Peter Frampton

But, good musicians all, (well maybe not Chas, although opinions vary), I think I know where most people's 20's fantasies would lie.

They've only picked up 5 points from their last five games so a mini wobble!
    A good test to see if we can beat teams above us, I'll go for a 1-2 win.

Ok I'm going for a 1-1 draw, which would be a good result.

Last time I was in said town was 1976 after witnessing Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Stones, 10CC amongst others.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)