+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Fleetwood Town

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Fleetwood Town

Can we make it back to back home wins against what looks like a standard League One home win for ourselves with all due respect to Fleetwood .

Styles and Mcatee took knocks on Tuesday night after both in my opinion having their best games of the season so I'm hopeful they will be fit .

Collins can't seem to make his mind up at present who to play at RWB and seems to alternate every game between O'Keefe and Cotter .

Cotter started Tuesday night so I expect O'Keefe to get the nod .

There really is no excuses dropping points tomorrow if we are genuine top two contenders , there really isn't .

I am hoping we continue where we left off the other night although Styles will be a big miss , I hope Benson replaces him because the other alternative is Phillips who is not on the best of form at the moment and is actually doing very little to effect a game , hopefully when he does get on he finds his form again & starts firing . Regarding getting in the automatic spots I still think we are nowhere near , but we need to maintain another push for the play offs & hopefully get the three points , I see Portsmouth , Bolton & Blackpool fighting it out for the top two spots with us & half a dozen other teams fighting for the other 3 play off spots , they say it is a poorer league this year & probably is , however I think it is a lot more competitive & I am really enjoying it.

Isnt Styles suspended?

Barnsley's record against the teams presently in the bottom half of the Third Division is W7 D1 L0.

Little Lee Johnson's Fleetwood Town are 22nd in the league and so there is no reason whatsoever why this game should be anything else but a comfortable win for Neill and Jon's Men's Team, who could well be second in the Third Division table by Saturday evening.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-10-2023 at 02:13 AM.

They're a dogged outfit are Fleetwood. We've never had an easy time against them in our encounters over the last decade. Great win for them at Reading which they'll take confidence from. Lee Johnson returns to Oakwell. Will his team ooze quality and tactically outwit Collins and give us a footballing masterclass? We'll find art around 5pm. Dunt forget to put yer clocks back toneet.

With our record against these bottom Third Division outfits such as the likes of Fleetwood we have only to turn up on the pitch to win this one Pass. An early goal could lead to another Port Vale scoreline.

Fill Yer Booits Neill and Jon's Men's Team.

# Bin 'eear befooar.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They're a dogged outfit are Fleetwood. We've never had an easy time against them in our encounters over the last decade. Great win for them at Reading which they'll take confidence from. Lee Johnson returns to Oakwell. Will his team ooze quality and tactically outwit Collins and give us a footballing masterclass? We'll find art around 5pm. Dunt forget to put yer clocks back toneet.
    Good grief I'd forgot Tom Thumb was in charge at Fleetwood , it will be interesting to see how he sets his team up against us , Shrewsbury were quite positive I thought and there was space for us to work with which on the night worked in our favour .

I wouldn't expect Fleetwood to play as positively , we struggle at home when teams pack the middle of the pitch and only offer space down the sides which in my opinion is why our away record is so good this season .

I actually want Fleetwood to pack the middle of the pitch , play with a low block and give us problems we have to solve , I want to find out how good this HC is and this squad playing under him .

That's the way I can make a judgement on our promotion prospects , teams who get automatically promoted solve the problems the opposition presents .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Isnt Styles suspended?
    Yes Styles is suspended 5 yellow cards before the end of October. Big miss.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Good grief I'd forgot Tom Thumb was in charge at Fleetwood , it will be interesting to see how he sets his team up against us , Shrewsbury were quite positive I thought and there was space for us to work with which on the night worked in our favour .

I wouldn't expect Fleetwood to play as positively , we struggle at home when teams pack the middle of the pitch and only offer space down the sides which in my opinion is why our away record is so good this season .

I actually want Fleetwood to pack the middle of the pitch , play with a low block and give us problems we have to solve , I want to find out how good this HC is and this squad playing under him .

That's the way I can make a judgement on our promotion prospects , teams who get automatically promoted solve the problems the opposition presents .
    Exactly.
    It’s not all about the result.

But unless things change I’ve already made up my mind about this HC.
    Good coach - gets the players motivated - but plays a style that’s totally unsuitable for the Barnsley master plan.

Name:  IMG_8293.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  16.4 KB

BARNSLEY: Killip (GK), Cotter, Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Cadden, Kane, Russell, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.

Subs: Flavell (GK), Shepherd, Dodgson, O'Keeffe, J.Benson, Watters, Jaló.

FLEETWOOD TOWN: Lynch (GK), Lawal, Heneghan, Earl, Rooney, Quitirna, Wiredu, Broom, Vela (c), Marriott, Omochere.

Subs: McMullan (GK), Tshimanga, Stockley, Robertson, Mayor, Montgomery, Patterson.

Adam Phillips comes in for the suspended Callum Styles. Fabio Jalo is on the bench.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast