+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Even our attacking throw in's have reverted to "hoofball". I could be wrong we have tried at least 100 times to score from this "tactic", I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked once, it's just meat and drink to the opposition defenders. We're rapidly becoming a Livi lookalike
    Yeah that’s annoying me as well with the long throws,it’s never worked and it’s almost like Robson is telling the players to keep trying it because it will eventually work.Mix it up a little.

He needs to take Duk out of the firing line for a while,it’s looking like teams have sussed out how to stop him and he’s reverted to falling over every time he gets touched which is never going to go his way when he’s playing for us.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the “hoofball” as well in regards to whether it’s all down to Robson or it’s the players.

Either way I have to say some of the passing I have seen from the players this season is nothing short of abysmal,there are some supposedly technically good players in the squad and they are struggling to pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why would he spend so much money on players and go for the cheap option when appointing a manager?

He’s already said that Glass wasn’t his first choice but went with him after he got turned down by another manager.

The rumours of last season was he wanted Chris Wilder to replace Goodwin but he wasn’t interested.

I agree there are other factors to managers not wanting to come here but having Dave Cormack trying to play money ball is probably the biggest one.
    Now what you're saying are rumours and gossip whereas what I'm saying is factual with regards his appointments.

Glass may have not been his first choice but you've no idea who his first choice was so who is to say that his first choice wasn't a cheap option also but turned Cormack down for a different job? I mean it's every bit as credible as what you're saying right?

Cormack playing money ball is "probably" the issue? Again that's your thought but you have no idea that that's true or waaaaaay off the mark.

Read what I said again and pick holes in the facts I said rather than the rumours you're putting forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Now what you're saying are rumours and gossip whereas what I'm saying is factual with regards his appointments.

Glass may have not been his first choice but you've no idea who his first choice was so who is to say that his first choice wasn't a cheap option also but turned Cormack down for a different job? I mean it's every bit as credible as what you're saying right?

Cormack playing money ball is "probably" the issue? Again that's your thought but you have no idea that that's true or waaaaaay off the mark.

Read what I said again and pick holes in the facts I said rather than the rumours you're putting forward.
    What the hell are you wittering on about now?

The points you made are factual?

They are were all just you guessing what is going on it was nothing to do with facts.

You came on here 2 months ago because you were chomping at the bit to say you wanted rid of Robson then threw your toys out of your pram when you were told to wise up.

Now it’s gone the way you wanted you are being a smug little git.

Is that factual enough for you?

Cormack hasn’t appointed an experienced manager because “it seems “

How is that factual you moron

What the hell are you wittering on about now?

The points you made are factual?

They are were all just you guessing what is going on it was nothing to do with facts.

You came on here 2 months ago because you were chomping at the bit to say you wanted rid of Robson then threw your toys out of your pram when you were told to wise up.

Now it’s gone the way you wanted you are being a smug little git.

Is that factual enough for you?
    More based on fact than anything you wrote that's for sure. Was Glass a cheap option? Yes. Was Goodwin a non expensive option? Yes. Was Robson a cheap option? Yes.

Forgive me but what isn't factual about those things?

All you put forward were rumours and gossip as I said and you get all offended when someone calls you out on it.

I'm being a smug little git? What a phanny you are. Where in anything I've written today have I been smug?

Yes I wasn't happy last month and I wasn't alone but I never called for Robson's head and as we're further down the line with no improvement then I don't think it's unfair to say his time is up.

If you can't handle that then it's on you but don't take your rage out on me.

Ooooh look at the hardman, again look at all what I wrote and I'm fairly sure there are more facts in what I wrote than anything you've probably ever said on here.

Go and cry into your paw patrol hankies ya moron.

I’m not a hard man stavros none of us are on here.

Can’t really be bothered arguing with you but I suppose as far as facts go Cormacks spent a lot of money on players and hasn’t on managers for some reason, that’s a fact.

Either way there’s a huge chance you will get your wish and Robson will be gone sooner rather than later.

Let’s see where we are this time next year, personally I think we will be in the same position even when Robson is long gone.

It’s sad to see ZTM again resorting to ad hominem attacks over something which I doubt anyone here has an answer to. Why have professional footballers who have played so successfully elsewhere that they have earned relatively lucrative contracts at Aberdeen turned to humping the ball up the park and using long throw-ins as the sole method of attack? Is it an implementation of the coaching strategy (and there are coaches other than Barry who will be working specifically on set plays) or down to the players? Often a team is a reflection of its manager and spineless, gutless or clueless were never adjectives which could be applied to Robson. I suggest anyone who can analyse this adequately and provide a solution get off this board and wheech their cv across to Pittodrie immediately.

Why spend more on players than a manager? I suppose in business terms you can amortise the cost of a player over the length of his contract (a frequent bone of contention in FFP arguments). So far as I know you can’t do this with a manager - initial compensation to previous club and salary is all opex (bean counters feel free to correct me). Similarly, taking in a Duk or a Miovski, the business (not football) hope is that they will be sold at a huge profit (as with Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna). There might be compensation for a poached manager but never at the same levels. Statistically and sadly, it is more likely a club will be paying up the balance of a manager’s contract when he is sacked following the collective pant-pishing of the support. A successful manager will bring folk through the gates (though that has never been dramatically apparent in Aberdeen from the 1980s onwards) but he doesn’t sell shirts (massively profitable items manufactured in Chinese sweat shops).

The problem is who are we going to get in as a manager?
    If we had appointed Neil Lennon from day one instead of Glass we would not be in the shambles of a state that we currently find ourselves.
    But with that being said, and seeing how things have panned out since binning McInnes even Lennon would not take the job now, so in answer to your question Rico - I have no fkn idea as I dont think there is anyone stupid enough to take on this poisoned chalice

I’m not a hard man stavros none of us are on here.
    Speak for yourself, I’m f*cking nails

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast