+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Wrexham

Think the original ratings/comments are largely fair. I was surprised to see some criticism of Slocombe in particular on twitter, once again it seems that some minds are made-up beforehand irrespective of how the game goes. Both keepers were excellent today, hence it being still 0-0 with 20 minutes to go (which I think is how it’d have ended but for a hugely fortunate deflection).

Didn’t think there was a lot in it today, no real need for massive ramifications, on another day the officials don’t bottle sending Mullin off, one of the many half-chances go in and we go on to win comfortably. I didn’t think any player had an especially bad game.

Slocombe - 8 - As above. Had a lot to do and did it well.

Macari - 6.5 - much better on the ball than Rawlinson, but think Rawlinson takes control and heads the second away.
    Baldwin - 7 - Good throughout but loses a point for needlessly getting dragged in for the second.
    Cameron - 7

Nemane - 6.5 - Think some of the criticism is harsh, he was up against an international Championship/Prem player who is only in this league for the money and it wasn’t a one-sided contest. Offered more going forward than TAR did on Tuesday against a much inferior opponent, but agree end product could’ve been better a couple of times.

Palmer - 7 - Tough game but did well. If he’s injured for more than a fortnight we’re in trouble.
    O’Brien - 7.5 - His sort of game. Good off the ball and didn’t do a lot wrong with it. Any criticism of him comes down to preconceived opinions as above.

Jones - 8 - Up against a tough opponent and still had plenty of joy. A class above this level. Would’ve had at least another assist with better finishing. Booking - for being kicked - was an absolute joke and the game’s defining moment.

Crowley - 7 - The sort of player that would never work under (or probably be of interest to) a manager like Parkinson as he is just a lovely footballer. Didn’t get the rewards his touch deserved, another good display.

McGoldrick - 6.5 - Started well but faded.

Langstaff - 6 - Missed the big chance that came his way first half, self created one second half and otherwise didn’t have a lot of service, which will keep the Wrexham fans oblivious to the role he plays busy for another few months.

Subs

Neither really had an impact but wouldn’t read too much into that. Of more concern is that the lack of depth is starting to show - could be argued there wasn’t really any game changers to bring on today. A couple of mid-season signings of the ilk of Bostock and Jones from last season would be very welcome in January.

I’d give our home support 1/10 today.
    Sat in the Kop I couldn’t believe the lack of noise.
    Normally the songs ring down the stand and gain momentum but today it was just flat.
    It was the flattest atmosphere in the Kop for a long time.
    Wrexham fans put us to shame.

You should try sitting in the DP, I began to think I was sitting amongst a load of corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    You should try sitting in the DP, I began to think I was sitting amongst a load of corpses.
    So were you chanting loudly amongst the corpses all game?

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So were you chanting loudly amongst the corpses all game?
    To call us corpses is quite insulting ! I have been following Notts well over 40 years and I'm no corpse. I shouted loud as anyone in the kop. You cannot blame the fans for today's result! These are well paid professionals and just didn't play as well as the opposition, simple as!

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    To call us corpses is quite insulting ! I have been following Notts well over 40 years and I'm no corpse. I shouted loud as anyone in the kop. You cannot blame the fans for today's result! These are well paid professionals and just didn't play as well as the opposition, simple as!
    The term 'corpses' was from Magpies1959's description not mine.

I think he's telling us that he's a better fan than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    My first ever post after a disappointing game.
    My ratings -
    Slocombe 7 Couple of decent saves but poor distribution.
    Baldwin 7 Thought he had a great game marshalling mullin but made the mistake that led to goal 2
    Cameron 6 Not as good as Baldwin
    Macari 7.5 Seems very composed and always looking for the forward pass.
    Nemane 4 Not a defender but unfortunately not a great winger today, his crosses were awful and with better delivery we could have won this.
    Jones 8.5 MoM again. Outstanding , beats his man every time and put in some great crosses.
    O'Brien 6 Did ok but nothing special and should really have scored.
    Palmer 6.5 Not his best game and for me does not drive forward enough and can slow our game down.
    Crowley 6.5 Great first half but the needless booking caused by Nemane hampered his tackling and poor second half.
    Langstaff 5 Always gives 100% but was ineffective today and should have put away the easy header.
    Mcgoldrick 7 Better than Langstaff and some lovely touches but again should have put one away.
    Subs Randall 6 looks off the pace and had no affect on the game
    Austin 4 Very poor and again added nothing to game
    LW 6 - Got the tactics wrong and I do wish he had a plan B
    When you say "plan b" what do you mean ?

I hope it isnt the dreaded big boot into the box.

We are doing ok and if offered a play off spot id snap your hand off as I wasnt expecting that top 3 is beyond us imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think he's telling us that he's a better fan than the rest.
    Quelle surprise!

I was sat in the Kop and thought we were much better than against Mansfield. It’s not the people at the back who have to up their game, it’s everyone else needing to join in….instead of leaving with ten minutes to go…..again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast