+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Match ratings v Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    This Nemane debate is interesting... my friend was watching as a neutral and he felt that we lost a lot when Nemane went off. His view was that his pace was giving Wrexham issues on the right, providing more space for Jones to operate (they put 2 or 3 men on both Nemane and Jones, but when Austin came on they could get away with only having 1 tied up on the right. He also was more of a threat, albeit he could have taken on his man more, especially as he was on a yellow. Our problem wasn't Nemane, it was not attacking the spaces in the centre that we created, but rather continuing to recycle from wing to wing.
    Completely agree.
    I admit that I don’t think he’s raised his levels the same as some of our other players, but just having his pace on the pitch leaves space for others.
    That was also the case against Mansfield. They doubled up on Nemane down the right but left Austin 1v1 down the left.
    He’s still the first choice for me.
    What doesn’t help him is being compared to Jones who, I feel, is playing two levels below his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’ve been a massive advocate that JJ should be more central when we can get him there when Randall’s fit and if he’s decent. That said I’m having a slight change of heart, JJ is frightening players out there now so he’s either that good and he’s becoming more accustomed to the position or maybe he’s as well suited out there as he is more centrally, either way what a player.
    Pluses and minuses with that one he would have less tracking back and also centrally should be able to influence more of our attacks and be able to go direct through the centre and we could alternate Didzy,Macca & Crowley to rest them, Randall can also play there
    He's played as a winger most of his career and is playing so well that why would we move him when he's so effective(going to a big miss v Bradford, hope Malta don't pick him)then if Randall is a step up on players we have he can play on the right

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789