+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Short Corners

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think LW knows all too well that testing his methods out, with this team, in an unknown and higher league, is one big controlled experiment.

He's finding out over time what works and what doesn't, who works and who doesn't.

The most important point I'd say is that he's earned the right to do it his way, and find out for himself. If he modifies his approach at all, it won't because of old school moaners in the stands, but because he's collected enough evidence over a sufficient period of time
    A good post. The analysis and data and stats will also assist (and I emphasise assist for those who don’t like this element of the game) in this as well and will tell us where we need to improve and be better. Over time that will make us stronger and help the club identify the right kind of players to recruit and bring in. That’s why if we don’t get promoted this season or the next then it’s not the end of the world in time it will come. If we are to get promoted to league one then we’ve got to be able to consolidate and hold our own in that league and not burn out or hit a ceiling or slip backwards.

Trust the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    A good post. The analysis and data and stats will also assist (and I emphasise assist for those who don’t like this element of the game) in this as well and will tell us where we need to improve and be better. Over time that will make us stronger and help the club identify the right kind of players to recruit and bring in. That’s why if we don’t get promoted this season or the next then it’s not the end of the world in time it will come. If we are to get promoted to league one then we’ve got to be able to consolidate and hold our own in that league and not burn out or hit a ceiling or slip backwards.

Trust the radar.
    If we have any hope of getting promoted, then we need to stop signing players who are injured. Both Randall and Morias to date have been a waste of a shirt...

Any more ? If not, that's only two to be fair. Our of those two Morias has been the real shame especially since the Scott injury.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Rigid patterns? As in rigid patterns of play aka passing moves?
    Yes..rigid patterns of play as in passing moves.

Well that's certainly a first. I've not heard or read anybody complain about our passing movements that have been learnt and mastered on the training ground until now.

It's these plethora of pre-planned moves that are a main part of the reason we have been so fluid and effective to date. Short corners I'm all for surprising the opposition with a few hit directly towards with near post runs made but never seen our general play as being rigid or an issue. Will keep an eye out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Well that's certainly a first. I've not heard or read anybody complain about our passing movements that have been learnt and mastered on the training ground until now.

It's these plethora of pre-planned moves that are a main part of the reason we have been so fluid and effective to date. Short corners I'm all for surprising the opposition with a few hit directly towards with near post runs made but never seen our general play as being rigid or an issue. Will keep an eye out for that.
    After a season and a third of you watching LW,s Notts you’ll need to keep an eye out. We’ll leave that one there then.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If we have any hope of getting promoted, then we need to stop signing players who are injured. Both Randall and Morias to date have been a waste of a shirt...
    ... or letting players go on the pitch and get injured aka Baj,Scott,Bostock hey Pink Panther.
    Randall wasn't injured when we signed him he got injured in pre-season

For every ones sake let us hope you are wrong or hope Luke Williams can adapt if we have indeed been found out by teams in League Two. The results and our league position will likely give us the answer. In the season and a third of watching the rigid passing patterns have been a delight to watch and hard to stop.

Did we score from a short corner today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Did we score from a short corner today ?
    Yes and about time one worked

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast