+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Motherwell v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    I never doubted them for a second.
    That's the spirit !!! COYR .

This.

Most incoming managers tend to say they'll need two transfer windows to get to where the team needs to be ?

This season was ( and is ) going to a bit up & down. Feck knows what'll happen at Hampden ?!!

That's better, what a nice feeling to wake up and remember we won last night, it's been all too rare.

If Baz can get us playing more consistently like last night we have a real chance of a cup final and another third place finish (at minimum) which would be a huge success for any manager in their first full season.

We've been whiskers away in Europe, with just a bit of luck we could have been sitting comfortably in our group

McGrath is getting back to his best, taking up good positions and being aggressive, good team performances all round. Ruby with his usual solid enough game + one big error which always seems to get punished - nae luck!

Well that was much more like it.

Very frustrating to get the utter dogshyte we saw on Sunday when you see what they are capable of producing.

Who'd have thunk that keeping the ball on the deck, not just punting it long every time, playing through the lines, using some proper width with the wing backs pushing up and getting balls into the box and having good press and movement all over the park would make us better?

I also don't recall seeing one aimless long throw just chucked into the box all night.

Credit to Robson, he changed the approach and it paid dividends big time. You need to learn from this though Barry loon.

Good performances all over the park.

Back 3 were very solid until the disappointing brain farts right at the end. Still, hopefully will keep them on their toes for Saturday.

Wing backs were both very good. Pressed high, got forward much more positively and got some great deliveries into the box - that's how its supposed to be done.

Midfield was solid. Polvara decent again and Clarkson was much more like himself.

Miovski was excellent again. He's really improved for me in the lone striker role in recent weeks and his hold up play, lay offs and distribution have come on a bomb. He's been top notch this season.

McGrath was my MOTM though. Apart from the goals his work rate (something we've always doubted) was there and his touch, link up play and use of the ball was all spot on. Keep it up loon.

Motherwell are dire, that's as bad a Well team as I've seen, but that's not to take away from us as we played extremely well and didn't really give them a sniff.

As others have said, a real confidence boost going into the weekend - if it aint broke, don't fix it Barry, though I would look at starting Barron on Saturday as he has been our best player so far this season.

COYR!!
    Last edited by The_Moog; 02-11-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Who'd have thunk that keeping the ball on the deck, not just punting it long every time, playing through the lines, using some proper width with the wing backs pushing up and getting balls into the box and having good press and movement all over the park would make us better?
    Exactly this. You should have done the half time team talk at Killie on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Exactly this. You should have done the half time team talk at Killie on Sunday.
    Spotted it straight from KO that Devlin & McKenzie were playing higher up.

Good management that. Realising you’ve made a rip roaring c*nt of it & making the necessary adjustments.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that a certain poster tends not to post on match threads after we win and put in a decent shift ����*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice that a certain poster tends not to post on match threads after we win and put in a decent shift ����*♂️
    Would that be me?

Sadly I never got to watch the game and hate to comment based purely on a few minutes of highlights so that's why there has been no critique of the performance and how individuals played.

Good result yadda yadda but I'm sure if I came on and said only that there would equally be noises coming from certain posters.

That ok with you or you want me to just fabricate things to satisfy your need to engage with me?

What a sad individual you are that you focus on me when our team by all accounts put in a great performance.

Much much better last night all round although that was the worst Motherwell side and performance I've seen against us for a long long time. Said on first page of the thread I couldn't see us winning so delighted to be proved wrong. As usual for me The_Moog sums up succinctly. Now on to Hampden. COYR.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567