+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee fiasco.

Taking the knee fiasco.

The referee blew the whistle and we kicked off, only to be stopped by someone calling out that we wanted to take the knee.Wednesday, like nearly all other clubs do not take the knee,why the hell are we still doing this? If they showed the same committment to winning the game and putting the effort in, like the Owls players who gave 100% did,we would have got something yesterday.Well over three thousand fans were totally pissed off what they saw.

We didn’t kick off they did, Ref was kneeling so they knew the drill

It's time we did the same as nearly all other clubs and stopped making political gestures and concentrated on what the fans come to see, by winning football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It's time we did the same as nearly all other clubs and stopped making political gestures and concentrated on what the fans come to see, by winning football matches.

I agree about the taking of the knee , I’ve was never for it in first place
    I prefer ‘kick it out’ and we should come up with our own idea instead of following others

Seem determined to be the last sports team in the world to take the knee for BLM, who spent the money people donated to them on houses for themselves, and recently tweeted support for Hamas.

Also received an email today from the club about doing a "Diversity, Equality and Inclusion" survey. No doubt the result will be that our support isn't diverse enough.

Politics is ruining football IMO, I'm certainly less interested than I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Seem determined to be the last sports team in the world to take the knee for BLM, who spent the money people donated to them on houses for themselves, and recently tweeted support for Hamas.

Also received an email today from the club about doing a "Diversity, Equality and Inclusion" survey. No doubt the result will be that our support isn't diverse enough.

Politics is ruining football IMO, I'm certainly less interested than I used to be.
    Well if there are many more performances like yesterday,the club will be obliged to carry out safeguarding policies by emailing everyone a mental health survey!

I thought they were kneeling down to the Wednesday players. May as well have 😀

Not sure the commentators know what to say about the reason for the knee anymore the tag line seems to have even been lost too..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Not sure the commentators know what to say about the reason for the knee anymore the tag line seems to have even been lost too..
    The tag line is “ baa, baa, baa”

Need stopping. Blow the whistle ref and let the game start. If players still want to take the knee let them do it whilst the game is going on.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast