+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Ownership Share Activity at BFC

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As posted in a not too distant thread - I can’t find anything solid about Neerav.
    Bits have been written about him coming from a wealthy family.

We didn’t want directors that are local but don’t have much money.
    And neither do we want wealthy directors that are not local.
    We need a combination of both.

As long as I’ve been supporting BFC - we have never had a board of directors that are a combination of both local individuals and individuals with wealth.

The current board is the dream team.
    Trouble is with dreams they sometimes turn into nightmares , there is no way that the current board send any messages out to the fan base regarding investment of any substance , the last window showed our intentions when we let quality players go & replace them with non league lads who I have nothing what so ever against , it is just an indication of where we are at the moment , investment & BFC do not go into the same sentence .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Trouble is with dreams they sometimes turn into nightmares , there is no way that the current board send any messages out to the fan base regarding investment of any substance , the last window showed our intentions when we let quality players go & replace them with non league lads who I have nothing what so ever against , it is just an indication of where we are at the moment , investment & BFC do not go into the same sentence .
    Isn’t pumping more money into the club to secure the ownership an investment and a strong signal of intent ???
    If it isn’t then I don’t know what is.

You say you have nothing against non league lads - but you indicate that they are not quality which of course means that you have indeed something against them.

Isn’t pumping more money into the club to secure the ownership an investment and a strong signal of intent ???

You say you have nothing against non league lads - but you indicate that they are not quality which of course means that you have indeed something against them.
    Patrick Cryne put a million quid in almost every season , did he send these signals of intent you speak of ?

Absolute rubbish, as I have said in previous posts these new lads need time to develop , they are not the finished article & what we are asking them to do is replace three central defenders of which one is now playing in the premier league & the other two in the championship , please tell me where I have actually said anything in any of my posts against these lads . Regarding the investment & the ownership , the present board havn"t joined the club today , they have been part of the ownership for a while now , any monies being brought in at the moment is not to invest it is to balance the books & keep afloat , we will see how much investment there when we discuss new contracts with Cole , Cadden , Kane & others who are out of contract in the summer , the only sound you are likely to hear is the tills going kerching in january when we sell again , hope I am wrong & would love to see us aiming to invest but history says that this is highly unlikely .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Patrick Cryne put a million quid in almost every season , did he send these signals of intent you speak of ?
    I think it was more than that per season.
    In a round about way - it was a signal of intent.
    A signal that he was prepared to keep the club going.
    Fortunately for Patrick and the club he didn’t have to wrestle the ownership off another board member.

……. the last window showed our intentions when we let quality players go & replace them with non league lads

That to me sounds that the new players haven’t any quality.

As for kerching ….. don’t you think offers came in last summer for players such as Styles and Williams etc.
    Some of those players only have a season left on their contracts.
    Personally I would sell any player that refuses to sign another contract and only has a year left on their contract.

But the club didn’t.

The only player the club didn’t want to sell was Kitching - they struggled to keep hold but apparently he was determined to go.

So FGS - give the club some credit.

……. the last window showed our intentions when we let quality players go & replace them with non league lads

As for kerching ….. don’t you think offers came in last summer for players such as Styles and Williams etc.
    Personally I would sell any player that refuses to sign another contract and only has a year left on their contract.

But the club didn’t.

The only player the club didn’t want to sell was Kitching - they struggled to keep hold but apparently he was determined to go.

Well according to your view they don't really need to invest large sums of money in to the club anyway , all they need to is recruit from the non league market with genius James Cryne's spreadsheet , yes ?

You've also got to accept that creating new shares in order to wrestle control of the club from Lee and PMG isn't actually investment .

Cash is converted to shares , shares only re-convert back to cash when they are purchased by someone else .

If we make a million pound bid for a striker in January presumably you understand we can't pay for him with share certificates , yes ?

The number 5901 of shares offered for sale may not be so random as first appears.

Some ownership "game" seems to be going on ahead of the findings of the EFL Investigation findings into "Who was in control issues at Barnsley FC ?" in recent times.

Archerfield has calculated that if Lee and PMG (Conway/Hung) do not, as last time, take up their share rights and Parekh, Crynes and JAQ/Edmonds Hedge Fund take up their rights it will result in Parekh having 49.8% of the shares, just short of the 50+% needed for sole control (different to sole ownership).

Maybe, for some reason, the figure of 5901 shares has been chosen to engineer such an outcome because, for whatever reason, Parekh does not want sole control ?. If Cryne and JAQ did not take up their offerings and Parekh bought up their share then the 50% threshold would be exceeded.

All speculation at the moment until the share movements are published on the Hong Kong Registry but interesting times to come as regards who is running things at Oakwell on three fronts--

1) Will Parekh become the Director with sole control and will that change anything as he has effective control anyway due to the support of Crynes and JAQ's shares /

2) Will the EFL Investigation findings have any effect on future control ?

3) Is Khaled El Ahmad still in control of day to day CEO level decisions ?

Ovva-erd in Shaw's chipoyle queue,---"Am telling thi nar, summat's not reyt darn theear in that Booardroom."
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-11-2023 at 08:06 AM.

But the club didn’t.

Are you saying that players plucked from non league are already quality players who are the finished article & do not need developing & coaching to help them step up to a higher level ? Are you saying that every player who has been sold was offered a new contract ? Are you saying the club do not have history for selling players . We have consistently sold players when we have been in a position to kick on, FGS give the fans some credit , we don"t all walk about with our eyes closed .

The club's business model is recruiting young, low/no cost players who the club think have the potential to develop the level of quality necessary to attract a bid from other clubs. They do not already possess the qualities required when they arrive but it is thought they have the potential to acquire them. Some do, some don't.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast