+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Ownership Share Activity at BFC

More Ownership Share Activity at BFC

Thank you to BBS Accountants Archerfield and Exile on this.

Another Barnsley FC Share Issue has been notified to Companies House of £1.18 million.

Once again existing Shareholders can take up their rights to buy these shares in proportion to their existing shareholdings but if they do not take up their share rights the shares can be bought up by other Shareholders.

Parekh currently owns 47.97% of the club and so, if such as Lee and Conway/Hung again do not take up their share and Parekh buys them, it could push Parekh over the 50% number to gain sole control. He already has effective control with the support of the Crynes and the JAQ/ Edmonds Hedge Fund but this would mean sole control.

It will not be known if he has acquired over 50% until actual share purchases are announced on the Hong Kong Registry shortly.

It is not known whether the key reason for this new share issue is a manoeuvre by Parekh to gain 50+% of the shares or whether a further £1.18 million is needed to keep the club afloat financially this season (until January sales ?).
    Last edited by SBRed48; 31-10-2023 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thank you to BBS Accountants Archerfield and Exile on this.

Another Barnsley FC Share Issue has been notified to Companies House of £1.18 million.

Once again existing Shareholders can take up their rights to buy these shares in proportion to their existing shareholdings but if they do not take up their share rights the shares can be bought up by other Shareholders.

Parekh currently owns 47.97% of the club and so, if such as Lee and Conway/Hung again do not take up their share and Parekh buys them, it could push Parekh over the 50% number to gain sole control. He already has effective control with the support of the Crynes and the JAQ/ Edmonds Hedge Fund but this would mean sole control.

It will not be known if he has acquired over 50% until actual share purchases are announced on the Hong Kong Registry shortly.

It is not known whether the key reason for this new share issue is a manoeuvre by Parekh to gain 50+% of the shares or whether a further £1.18 million is needed to keep the club afloat financially this season (until January sales ?).
    What does this value the club at now SB by share price ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What does this value the club at now SB by share price ?
    I'm not an Accountant and only get my info from those qualified so i don't know Animal. I don't want to be peddling false information beyond my general understanding of what is going on.

Archerfield reports that 5901 shares were offered for sale this time at a price of £200 each, totalling 5901 X 200 = £1.18 million but share prices have differed at each offer over recent months

More will be revealed when the results of the share offer ie who has bought what, are published on the Hong Kong Registry..

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Wrong thread Poggs ?

Better on Chansiri thread ?

Cheers SB I wondered where it had gone, a Mediterranean moment.
    I’ve just requested from Chansiri the “ account payee and sort code” then I can respond .

Thanks for the heads up SB.
    These items of news are crucial to the future of BFC.
    IMO once Neerav gets control of the club then it won’t be long before we see the club shift up a gear.

Let's hope so.

The recent takeover of my rugby league team Wakefield Trinity just shows what can happen when a person with the club at heart can back up his words with action due to available finances.

FYI YN the new owner of Wakefield Trinity hails from Barnsley and became a fan after watching Wakefield play a rugby league game at Oakwell back in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Thanks for the heads up SB.
    These items of news are crucial to the future of BFC.
    IMO once Neerav gets control of the club then it won’t be long before we see the club shift up a gear.
    He's had control of the club for sometime because JAQ and the Crynes shares and vote give them that .

If you believe once Lee and PMG have sold their shares to whoever Neerav will invest substantial funds in to the club then I think you are likely to be disappointed .

My take is that these shares have been created no doubt to wrestle control of the club away from Lee and PMG but I think this has got personal between Neerav and Lee and PMG , a bitter feud if you like .

If indeed Lee and PMG do sell up to whoever I wouldn't expect the club to change too much with regard to finance or investment .

As posted in a not too distant thread - I can’t find anything solid about Neerav.
    Bits have been written about him coming from a wealthy family.

We didn’t want directors that are local but don’t have much money.
    And neither do we want wealthy directors that are not local.
    We need a combination of both.

As long as I’ve been supporting BFC - we have never had a board of directors that are a combination of both local individuals and individuals with wealth.

The current board is the dream team.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast