+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Hosham

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Hosham

First of all let me wish the travelling Hosham fans a safe trip up to South Yorkshire and I think I speak on the behalf of the majority of us that we can only apologise for the idiotic decision to play this FA Cup tie on a Friday Night and we sincerely hope you enjoy the game on what is a very big occasion for your players , management and supporters .

I expect Collins to make changes tomorrow evening but possibly not wholesale , Shepherd , McCarthy , Cosgrove and Watters could possibly feature plus yet another opportunity for the frustrating Benson .

Whatever team Collins puts out should get the job done especially at home although it may be wise to have some bigger guns on the bench .

This is the FA Cup after all and it does happen , let's make sure there are no dramas tomorrow night .

It’s a pity you feel a need to apologise on behalf of the club Animal. I agree with the sentiment it’s a bloody disgrace. Where the hell has Ahmad got to? He’s like Lord Lucan!!

If you have any steel Parekh, sort this Shyte show of communication out.

All the best navigating the storm tomorrow Lardy Boys!

I have just heard an interview live on Radio sheffield with a guy from Horsham & when he was asked about his contact with South Yorks Police he said that they had got back to them and laid the blame for this fiasco at FA"s door , he did not blame our club ,he said that it was down to the Fa .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I have just heard an interview live on Radio sheffield with a guy from Horsham & when he was asked about his contact with South Yorks Police he said that they had got back to them and laid the blame for this fiasco at FA"s door , he did not blame our club ,he said that it was down to the Fa .
    Question is , why would the FA want us to play on a Friday Night against a non league club 280 miles away when the game isn't even televised anywhere ?

All down to overzealous syp
    As per usual
    Our taxpayers hard earned money is being well spent as always
    They are the wagging the tail on bfc
    They always have
    Bout time we stopped cow tailing to them
    And they just policed games instead of dictating them
    An easy target friendly arrest environment for their statistics
    Where are they when decent people are getting their homes burgled?
    A crime number 3 days later is all you’ll get
    These days
    Anyway rant over
    This is a football forum not political

The FA made the final decision as they always do

The FA act on recommendations and views from various groups, largely in this case from SYP who claimed it would stretch their resources too far for police to be in and around Oakwell on a Saturday. Doncaster didn't want the Doncaster-v-Accrington Cup game moved from Saturday and said so.

What is missing in all this is any apparent public objection/ representation/ statement from Barnsley FC to the FA decision makers so it gave the FA an easy decision to make.

Anyway, back to the football match. It should be a relatively "easy" game for a third tier club to win at home as long as team changes have
    not been too severe.

Safe journey round the M25 up the M1 on a Friday afternoon Horsham fans with hopefully not too many traffic issues on the way and a safe journey back to the South Coast through the night.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-11-2023 at 03:48 AM.

Does any of you chaps know how people can watch the game tonight? (other than going)
    Is it on ifollow or some nondescript channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Does any of you chaps know how people can watch the game tonight? (other than going)
    Is it on ifollow or some nondescript channel?
    Can't find it anywhere Dingle , if I do I'll put it on here where it's available .

Hosham fans in town this afternoon , hope they have a great time but not too great though .

https://x.com/LardyArmy/status/1720462349054738699?s=20

Name:  IMG_8306.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  25.5 KB

REDS: Killip (GK), O'Keeffe, Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Dodgson, Kane, Styles, Jaló, Watters, McAtee.
    Subs: Flavell (GK), Shepherd, Cotter, Cadden, McCarthy, Phillips, J.Benson, Connell, Cole.

HORSHAM: Carey (GK), Price, Sparks, Hester-Cook, Strange, Barker, Ajakaiye, Fenelon, Brivio, Hammond, Harding.
    Subs: Santos-Rodrigues, Kavanagh, Richards, Tuck, El Abd, Myles-Meekums, Daniel, Harris, Lelliott (GK).

After giving this quite a bit of consideration I’ve decided to against flying out for this one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast