+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT (h)

ICT (h)

Important to keep the momentum up, particularly with how we have been attacking lately

Kai has probably made himself undroppable after the two goals at Airdrie

Glass also played well coming back in and set up the second goal with a nice pass

JG could take the attacking option and swap Doc for Glass in central midfield

Then it is just moult to come in that didn’t start at Airdrie

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann

Glass Sibbald

Middleton Watt Fotheringham

Moult

Crucial to get another 3 points on the board as Raith continue to be in hot pursuit

Come on United

The only decision to make is Glass or Tillson really. Team picks itself otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The only decision to make is Glass or Tillson really. Team picks itself otherwise.
    Mochrie should really be part of that decision making process as well but doesn’t seem to be anywhere near a starting spot……………….

BTW I assume the game will be on despite the yet again torrential rain???? If it survived last week then it’ll probably survive anything.

I don't think Mochrie's quite there yet, tbh.

Game's definitely on. Lost City of Atlantis n all that. 😉

The pitch held up remarkably well last Friday so it's clearly getting looked after very well.

Think it all depends where he plays Watt. Will he go for a more traditional 4 4 2 like he did at Partick? If so, it will be Tilson ahead of Glass for defensive cover.

If Watt is playing "in the 10" then Glass will probably get the nod.

Thought initially against Airdrie that Tilson and Sibbald struggled to get positional balance. Solved it for second half and were good together.

Mochrie is unlucky. Fair play to Glass though, taking his opportunity. Mochrie's opportunity will come. Like what he brings when he comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Think it all depends where he plays Watt. Will he go for a more traditional 4 4 2 like he did at Partick? If so, it will be Tilson ahead of Glass for defensive cover.

If Watt is playing "in the 10" then Glass will probably get the nod.

Thought initially against Airdrie that Tilson and Sibbald struggled to get positional balance. Solved it for second half and were good together.

Mochrie is unlucky. Fair play to Glass though, taking his opportunity. Mochrie's opportunity will come. Like what he brings when he comes on.
    I think it will be 4-4-2 Glass missing out.

I actually thought Mochrie was better then Tilson in the game they both started (Peterhead). Plus surely we are better developing one of our own youngsters then a jobber on loan from Ross Co, no ?

Plus is he not the only actual Dundonian ?
    Last edited by arab1970; 03-11-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Tillson is more in the Goodwin mould. Having Docherty, Sibbald, Grimshaw & Tillson guarantees you an engine room. It's maybe easily forgotten what a combative player Goodwin was, he would not have been fun to play against. Ask Stretch & others. To say I didn't like him as a player is an understatement but I love him now as a manager which I guess must question my morals.

I expect Tilson to slot in for Docherty, Sibbald is much more effective with that type of player beside him. Moult to return.

Dunc will realise we have the better players and I think he'll ask his players to make it a very physical battle.

But, as always, if we get the ball down, concentrate on our own game we should get the points.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)