+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster mystery illness

Foster mystery illness

Anybody see todays press conference? No news of when he will be back or what the problem is except Kompany will be able to say more next week.Why all the secrecy? I remember something similar with Twine last year-I hope it is not a repeat.
    No goals for us tomorrow then.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Anybody see todays press conference? No news of when he will be back or what the problem is except Kompany will be able to say more next week.Why all the secrecy? I remember something similar with Twine last year-I hope it is not a repeat.
    Really can it get any worse at this moment in time. However why has he then signed a new 5 year contract a couple of weeks ago? It's all very odd.

I don't know just what reason is, but Vinni is always reluctant to talk about exactly what the problem is with his players. I first noticed it last season when he was asked about THB's injury in a Presser. He just said 'I can't tell you, you'll have to ask the player'. Are there legal constraints on what he can say, or something built into their contracts ? It's very odd, most managers are quite open about the extent of their player's injuries, but not Vinni, it really is a case of 'me to know and you to find out', with him.

In normal employer - employee things (I don't have a better way of saying this... sorry ) at least in Norway, employers can't give out any information about employees health conditions. Why should it be different for football players? It's fine with me. But he did comment on Ekdal and Bayer, that they had twisted their knee.

it's normal practice to comment on physical issues and recovery progress but mental issues and addictions are taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    it's normal practice to comment on physical issues and recovery progress but mental issues and addictions are taboo.
    Certainly hope that's not the case 😬

Foster had 'issues' when he first arrived, hopefully it's not a recurrence.

Apparently the lad confessed to clinical depression issues. A couple of hat-tricks would put that right.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Foster had 'issues' when he first arrived, hopefully it's not a recurrence.
    That is what I am thinking Sinkov hence the post.Did Twine not have similar issues last season?

That is what I am thinking Sinkov hence the post.Did Twine not have similar issues last season?
    Yes I believe so CiB, no actual physical injury was ever attributed to account for Twine missing the first half of the season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)