+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you make captain?

Who would you make captain?

I look at our starting eleven every week and for the life of me I dont see a player who I would name captain.Corky would be captain for me as basher is no longer with us, but he is no longer in the starting eleven.Under SD there were 3 or 4 players you would gladly call your captain such as Tarky,Ben Mee,Joey Barton or Popey.
    Anybody got any suggestions?

No brainer - Charlie Taylor.

None of em - because there isn’t one or it would already be In Place, he keeps giving the armband to one or two different ones but there isn’t a leader among em sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    None of em - because there isn’t one or it would already be In Place, he keeps giving the armband to one or two different ones but there isn’t a leader among em sadly.
    That is the way I see it Army and I reckon it is the root of our problems.There is nobody in the group that inspires confidence.

I'm a bit of a gobby tw@t, an opinion on everything, but this one has me beat, like army and CiB I don't see a captain in the team.

Maybe Vinni's best bet would be to give someone/anyone the armband and say 'you call the coin toss, talk to the ref if you have to, but for the rest of the time I want eleven captains on that field'.

if he played him I would say Muric a la Tom Heaton.

I do hope VK is learning from the decisions he has made so far this season. Do you think a captain was ever on his mind, or was it just young talent and a way to play? If he had a captain in his mind it was probably Cullen

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm a bit of a gobby tw@t, an opinion on everything, but this one has me beat, like army and CiB I don't see a captain in the team.

Maybe Vinni's best bet would be to give someone/anyone the armband and say 'you call the coin toss, talk to the ref if you have to, but for the rest of the time I want eleven captains on that field'.
    You don't say Sherlock!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You don't say Sherlock!
    I thought that might get a bite. A succesful day out for the Ribble Valley Angling Club.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I thought that might get a bite. A succesful day out for the Ribble Valley Angling Club.
    A bite? It was swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)