+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next time Rangers 2012 visit...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    I wouldn't feel better about their behaviour just because we made a few extra pounds. Reduce their allocation to what we get at their stadiums pro-rata and make it a being a friend for free day for our season ticket holders.
    Are you a season ticket holder, or would you like to get in free! Not looking d for an argument, genuine question?

It's a pity we can't fund a way to get back to the days when playing the OF was an occasion and results were not predictable.
    What happened to the behaviour of the OF fans? They seem to get universal bad press.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It's a pity we can't fund a way to get back to the days when playing the OF was an occasion and results were not predictable.
    What happened to the behaviour of the OF fans? They seem to get universal bad press.
    Prior to the introduction of the Premier League we used to play Rangers and Celtic only once at home each season which made these games a big occasion.

The last time we were in the premier league, two years ago, both Rangers and Celtic held demonstrations at DENS.
    After these two games , i vowed never to go to their games at Dens again.
    I did not attend wednesdays game aand was proved right.
    The Dundee police will not take any action against the old firm, despite the police box and cameras being in close proximity to their fans.
    Their fans know this, so their demonstrations will continue until people get hurt.
    They will continue to come to Dens and do what they like, meanwhile many DUNDEE supporters like myself will cease to attend their games.
    I just hope the Celtic fans dont destroy CAMMIES testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The last time we were in the premier league, two years ago, both Rangers and Celtic held demonstrations at DENS.
    The Dundee police will not take any action against the old firm, despite the police box and cameras being in close proximity to their fans.
    Their fans know this, so their demonstrations will continue until people get hurt.
    They will continue to come to Dens and do what they like, meanwhile many DUNDEE supporters like myself will cease to attend their games.
    I have also stopped attending home games when we are playing Rangers and Celtic.
    I do not understand why the Rangers and Celtic supporters choose to have their demonstrations and protests when their team are playing at Dens Park. There has to be a reason why.
    Is it because of John Nelms screwing up the vote to end the 2019-20 season.
    That vote had nothing to do with the Premier League clubs so that cannot be the reason.
    It seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I think that some publicly expressed concern that we are worried for the safety of the Celtic and Rangers fans when they are in our stadium might have an effect. The absence of any discipline seems to encourage bad behaviour and perhaps they risk harming themselves. Recent alleged incident involving a young girl might be a warning to the authorities that a leave them alone approach has not worked. Look at the organisation and coordination shown by the recent flare display. Could it be that Dens is seem as a soft touch and there is an escalating competition between the two groups of fans to see who can pull off the biggest demo?

Just had a wee look at the player sponsorships.9 of the names didn't have a sponsor for either their Home or Away strip. Pineda and McCowan didn't have a sponsor for their Away strips, and Trevor Carson didn't have a sponsor for his home strip. Could be that the website is behind but having sponsors names posted in all the areas where they should be posted is important. Think it might be worth just checking what is going on and perhaps trying to get the availability of some player sponsorship deals publicised.

Also didn't see any sponsorship associated with the manager and his team. I have a couple of jerseys with Jim Duffy when he was manager. Is there a reason why the management team can't be sponsored. If they are sponsored then perhaps publicising the details would make sense.

Just had a wee look at the player sponsorships.9 of the names didn't have a sponsor for either their Home or Away strip. Pineda and McCowan didn't have a sponsor for their Away strips, and Trevor Carson didn't have a sponsor for his home strip. Could be that the website is behind but having sponsors names posted in all the areas where they should be posted is important. Think it might be worth just checking what is going on and perhaps trying to get the availability of some player sponsorship deals publicised.

Also didn't see any sponsorship associated with the manager and his team. I have a couple of jerseys with Jim Duffy when he was manager. Is there a reason why the management team can't be sponsored. If they are sponsored then perhaps publicising the details would make sense.
    In my opinion this is done to a lack of communication from the Dundee Football Club Commercial department.
    It is only because I highlighted to the Club in 2019 their website stated that ‘Sponsors receive website accreditation’ that the names of the first team players strip sponsors are listed on the Club website.
    There should be at least a monthly notice on the Club website listing details of players who are still available for sponsorship.
    The management team should also be sponsored.
    Last season 2022-23 the names of the sponsors of players were never updated.
    Dee4life who last season did not sponsor any first team players were still listed as sponsoring Sean Byrne and Paul McGowan.
    From memory I think that it was Sean Byrne’s home strip and Paul McGowan’s away strip.

I enclose details of the Livingston FC players sponsored on their website. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/team/men/player-sponsorship/
    You will notice that every player has both a Home strip sponsor and an Away strip sponsor including players who are out on loan.
    The sponsorship of a Livingston players costs £200 + VAT.
    According to the Dundee FC website the sponsorship of one player costs £375 plus VAT which equates to £450
    The cost of sponsoring two players is £650 plus VAt which equated to £780. https://dundeefc.co.uk/commercial/sp...r-sponsorship/
    In my it is a poor state of affairs that Dundee Football Club with a core support of 4,500 supporters and many more throughout the U.K. and worldwide cannot get all their players sponsored while Livingston Football Club with a core support of about 1,000 supporters can do so.
    It all boils down to poor advertising and a lack of communication by the Commercial Department and the management of Dundee Football Club.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 07-11-2023 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose details of the Livingston FC players sponsored on their website. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/team/men/player-sponsorship/
    You will notice that every player has both a Home strip sponsor and an Away strip sponsor including players who are out on loan.
    The sponsorship of a Livingston players costs £200 + VAT.
    According to the Dundee FC website the sponsorship of one player costs £375 plus VAT which equates to £450
    The cost of sponsoring two players is £650 plus VAt which equated to £780. https://dundeefc.co.uk/commercial/sp...r-sponsorship/
    In my it is a poor state of affairs that Dundee Football Club with a core support of 4,500 supporters and many more throughout the U.K. and worldwide cannot get all their players sponsored while Livingston Football Club with a core support of about 1,000 supporters can do so.
    It all boils down to poor advertising and a lack of communication by the Commercial Department and the management of Dundee Football Club.
    If we cannot get all our players sponsored, it’s a really poor reflection on our Commercial dept. However the money we would raise from this is a drop in the ocean, to what we bring in from 3 guaranteed games against the ugly sisters.

That was the point of the post, not give you another excuse to have a go at John Nelms, and the management of DFC.

Hearts have a core support of approx 4 times we have, and the Hearts foundation have a massive membership, unlike Dee4life who have 400/500 members. Guys like yourself, Forbes, and a couple of others have set the Dee4life cause back ump**** years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)