+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next time Rangers 2012 visit...

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The last time we were in the premier league, two years ago, both Rangers and Celtic held demonstrations at DENS.
    After these two games , i vowed never to go to their games at Dens again.
    I did not attend wednesdays game aand was proved right.
    The Dundee police will not take any action against the old firm, despite the police box and cameras being in close proximity to their fans.
    Their fans know this, so their demonstrations will continue until people get hurt.
    They will continue to come to Dens and do what they like, meanwhile many DUNDEE supporters like myself will cease to attend their games.
    I just hope the Celtic fans dont destroy CAMMIES testimonial.
    I have also stopped attending home games when we are playing Rangers and Celtic.
    I do not understand why the Rangers and Celtic supporters choose to have their demonstrations and protests when their team are playing at Dens Park. There has to be a reason why.
    Is it because of John Nelms screwing up the vote to end the 2019-20 season.
    That vote had nothing to do with the Premier League clubs so that cannot be the reason.
    It seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    So the club loses a vast amount of money? Great idea.
    What would you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebunked View Post
    I wouldn't feel better about their behaviour just because we made a few extra pounds. Reduce their allocation to what we get at their stadiums pro-rata and make it a being a friend for free day for our season ticket holders.
    You are correct that we should reduce their allocation to say a maximum of 500 tickets.
    I read on other forums that the Bob Shankly Stand at last Wednesday night’s game looked overcrowded with people standing in the passageways. Some posters thought that people had got in using fake tickets.
    The management of Dundee Football Club should be investigating this as they know exactly how many clicks of the turnstiles there are in each stand of the ground so they will know exactly how many people were in the Bob Shankly Stand last Wednesday evening. Police Scotland will also know the answer in case the Dens Park Stadium has to be evacuated in the event of a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The last time we were in the premier league, two years ago, both Rangers and Celtic held demonstrations at DENS.
    After these two games , i vowed never to go to their games at Dens again.
    I did not attend wednesdays game aand was proved right.
    The Dundee police will not take any action against the old firm, despite the police box and cameras being in close proximity to their fans.
    Their fans know this, so their demonstrations will continue until people get hurt.
    They will continue to come to Dens and do what they like, meanwhile many DUNDEE supporters like myself will cease to attend their games.
    I just hope the Celtic fans dont destroy CAMMIES testimonial.
    I think that some publicly expressed concern that we are worried for the safety of the Celtic and Rangers fans when they are in our stadium might have an effect. The absence of any discipline seems to encourage bad behaviour and perhaps they risk harming themselves. Recent alleged incident involving a young girl might be a warning to the authorities that a leave them alone approach has not worked. Look at the organisation and coordination shown by the recent flare display. Could it be that Dens is seem as a soft touch and there is an escalating competition between the two groups of fans to see who can pull off the biggest demo?

So the club loses a vast amount of money? Great idea.
    Does everything need to be about money? By standing up to these clowns we might make money in the long term.

If the club says **** our own fans we just want old firm money then we can all make our choices. More Dundee fans turned up for Livingston game than Rangers . Says it all

Does everything need to be about money? By standing up to these clowns we might make money in the long term.

If the club says **** our own fans we just want old firm money then we can all make our choices. More Dundee fans turned up for Livingston game than Rangers . Says it all
    Probably 400/500 more. If we want to get better players the club needs to maximise every revenue stream. Unfortunately that includes the ugly sisters money.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What would you do.
    Like every club in Scotland does, suck it up, and Police it properly. Buts that’s Police Scotlands problem.

Why should DFC and every other club in Scotland suffer, because of these mutants?

Also, we are no longer a so called sleeping giant. The attendance for the last 2 games has been an embarrassment. We’ve got a core support of 4500, and the club and Directors should maximise every revenue stream possible.

I wouldn't feel better about their behaviour just because we made a few extra pounds. Reduce their allocation to what we get at their stadiums pro-rata and make it a being a friend for free day for our season ticket holders.
    Are you a season ticket holder, or would you like to get in free! Not looking d for an argument, genuine question?

Like every club in Scotland does, suck it up, and Police it properly. Buts that’s Police Scotlands problem.

Why should DFC and every other club in Scotland suffer, because of these mutants?
    It costs the Football Clubs including Dundee FC a lot of money if they pay solely for Police Scotland officers to be responsible for security at all football matches with a far greater number of Police Scotland officers on duty when we are playing Rangers and Celtic at home.
    That is why security firms are employed to save money by football clubs including Dundee FC but it backfires when we play Rangers and Celtic at home and the security staff on duty do nothing to stop the marauding hordes of Old Firm not adhering to the laid down rules for spectators at all seated football stadiums.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)