+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next time Rangers 2012 visit...

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just had a wee look at the player sponsorships.9 of the names didn't have a sponsor for either their Home or Away strip. Pineda and McCowan didn't have a sponsor for their Away strips, and Trevor Carson didn't have a sponsor for his home strip. Could be that the website is behind but having sponsors names posted in all the areas where they should be posted is important. Think it might be worth just checking what is going on and perhaps trying to get the availability of some player sponsorship deals publicised.

Also didn't see any sponsorship associated with the manager and his team. I have a couple of jerseys with Jim Duffy when he was manager. Is there a reason why the management team can't be sponsored. If they are sponsored then perhaps publicising the details would make sense.
    I might be a good idea to set up a separate topic headed Sponsorship of Dundee FC players instead of it getting lost in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose details of the Livingston FC players sponsored on their website. https://livingstonfc.co.uk/team/men/player-sponsorship/
    You will notice that every player has both a Home strip sponsor and an Away strip sponsor including players who are out on loan.
    The sponsorship of a Livingston players costs £200 + VAT.
    According to the Dundee FC website the sponsorship of one player costs £375 plus VAT which equates to £450
    The cost of sponsoring two players is £650 plus VAt which equated to £780. https://dundeefc.co.uk/commercial/sp...r-sponsorship/
    In my it is a poor state of affairs that Dundee Football Club with a core support of 4,500 supporters and many more throughout the U.K. and worldwide cannot get all their players sponsored while Livingston Football Club with a core support of about 1,000 supporters can do so.
    It all boils down to poor advertising and a lack of communication by the Commercial Department and the management of Dundee Football Club.
    If we cannot get all our players sponsored, it’s a really poor reflection on our Commercial dept. However the money we would raise from this is a drop in the ocean, to what we bring in from 3 guaranteed games against the ugly sisters.

That was the point of the post, not give you another excuse to have a go at John Nelms, and the management of DFC.

Hearts have a core support of approx 4 times we have, and the Hearts foundation have a massive membership, unlike Dee4life who have 400/500 members. Guys like yourself, Forbes, and a couple of others have set the Dee4life cause back ump**** years.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    If we cannot get all our players sponsored, it’s a really poor reflection on our Commercial dept. However the money we would raise from this is a drop in the ocean, to what we bring in from 3 guaranteed games against the ugly sisters.

That was the point of the post, not give you another excuse to have a go at John Nelms, and the management of DFC.

Hearts have a core support of approx 4 times we have, and the Hearts foundation have a massive membership, unlike Dee4life who have 400/500 members. Guys like yourself, Forbes, and a couple of others have set the Dee4life cause back ump**** years.
    I totally refute your allegations about me.
    I wanted to tell the Dee4life members exactly what had been happening since the Dee4life AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022 but I was outvoted by a majority of Dee4life directors who wanted to adopt a ‘tippy, tappy’ approach to try to get a meeting John Nelms.
    That got them nowhere nd eventually in their September 2023 newsletter dated 29th September 2023 they finally admitted about the Letter they had received on 7th December 2022 signed Dundee Football Club Ltd which stated that the nomination of their Primary representative by the Dee4life board of directors was a hostile act.

I totally refute your allegations about me.
    I wanted to tell the Dee4life members exactly what had been happening since the Dee4life AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022 but I was outvoted by a majority of Dee4life directors who wanted to adopt a ‘tippy, tappy’ approach to try to get a meeting John Nelms.
    That got them nowhere nd eventually in their September 2023 newsletter dated 29th September 2023 they finally admitted about the Letter they had received on 7th December 2022 signed Dundee Football Club Ltd which stated that the nomination of their Primary representative by the Dee4life board of directors was a hostile act.
    Who was their nomination?

Hospitality is too expensive for the ordinary fan, but businesses will pay the price. Out of interest, how much would you charge.
    The days of the Bank of Scotland, RBS and Clydesdale Bank taking a table of ten for every home league game in the most expensive hospitality lounge in Dens Park are long gone.
    It will take me quite a while to research what is a realistic charge for hospitality at Dens Park.
    However at the Dundee V Dundee United reserve match at North End Park on Tuesday 17th October 2023 I was speaking to a Dundee supporter who told me that The Barrels charge £35 for a three course meal and five free drinks. He also said that North End JFC have a similar package charging the same price.
    If the Barrels and North End JFC can charge these prices then surely it cannot be beyond Dundee Football Club to charge a similar price for their hospitality plus £26 for an Adult ticket price for a Category B game and an extra £10 to cover the half time purvey, match programme and team sheet.
    This equates to a total cost of £71 for hospitality including five free drinks.
    When I was a member of Downfield Golf Club the gross profit on alcoholic drinks sold in the bars in the club was over 50% and it is likely to still be the same.

The days of the Bank of Scotland, RBS and Clydesdale Bank taking a table of ten for every home league game in the most expensive hospitality lounge in Dens Park are long gone.
    It will take me quite a while to research what is a realistic charge for hospitality at Dens Park.
    However at the Dundee V Dundee United reserve match at North End Park on Tuesday 17th October 2023 I was speaking to a Dundee supporter who told me that The Barrels charge £35 for a three course meal and five free drinks. He also said that North End JFC have a similar package charging the same price.
    If the Barrels and North End JFC can charge these prices then surely it cannot be beyond Dundee Football Club to charge a similar price for their hospitality plus £26 for an Adult ticket price for a Category B game and an extra £10 to cover the half time purvey, match programme and team sheet.
    When I was a member of Downfield Golf Club the gross profit on alcoholic drinks sold in the bars in the club was over 50% and it is likely to still be the same.
    Sorry Islay but I disagree that DFC should be trying to sell their hospitality packages based on the prices charged by The Three Barrels. Is there not more to it than just the amount of drink and the quantity and quality of the food? The whole point is to raise funds and my limited experience is that the hospitality is enjoyable, particularly if we win!

Arbroath charge £100 + vat for theirs maybe slightly more. If you think DFC, or any Scottish full time club is selling full hospitality at £71 you are even more deluded than I thought.
    The idea of hospitality, ticket prices, etc, is to make the Club money, something that you and another poster on this site are totally overlooking.

Who was their nomination?
    Kenny Valentine.
    The information is listed in the Dee4life September 2023 newsletter which is available to read on their website.

Arbroath charge £100 + vat for theirs maybe slightly more. If you think DFC, or any Scottish full time club is selling full hospitality at £71 you are even more deluded than I thought.
    The idea of hospitality, ticket prices, etc, is to make the Club money, something that you and another poster on this site are totally overlooking.
    Sitting in the centre part of the Main Stand at the Livingston game there were precious few people sitting in reserved seats for people paying top dollar for hospitality.

I enclose details of Hospitality from the Arbroath Football Club website. https://shop.arbroathfc.co.uk/browse/c-Matchday-7
    They charge £102 for their hospitality while the equivalent hospitality package at Dundee Football Club is £130 plus VAT which equates to £156.
    The cost of a match day adult ticket at Arbroath will be a bit less but certainly not £54 less.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)