+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Next time Rangers 2012 visit...

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How can Rangers and Dundee supporters both be in the Hospitality when there was supposed to be segregation at the game.
    It happens all the time. I’ve been at hospoat Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Parkhead, and the Dump, when Dundee were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Yesterday a poster on the Dark Blues Forum stated that the Hospitality in the Andy Penman Lounge for this Saturday’s game against St Mirren which costs £59 for a one course meal, a seat in Andy Penman Lounge reserved seats section in the Main Stand, half time refreshments and a pay bar appears to be sold out as it was no longer being advertised on the Club website.
    That’s not full hospitality though. But great that it’s sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    That's what you have just implied that he is saying. He has enough words of his own to express himself without you putting more words in his mouth. I think there is a point to make that player sponsorship has taken a back seat. Maybe 1893 Foundation is a more popular method for getting fans, who aren't able to attend games, to donate money? It a regular monthly amount rather than a chunk of money all in a oner.
    Well, you tell me what you think he’s saying. He’s all over the place as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Well, you tell me what you think he’s saying. He’s all over the place as you know.
    I think he is saying that the commercial department could do better, and is giving us the benefit of his research into what other clubs do. Seems a valid exercise to me.

I think he is saying that the commercial department could do better, and is giving us the benefit of his research into what other clubs do. Seems a valid exercise to me.
    We all know about Islay's 'research' though don't we? Usually not really worth considering in truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We all know about Islay's 'research' though don't we? Usually not really worth considering in truth.
    Disagree. My view is that the research is often extremely interesting. You can sometimes argue about his conclusions, but it seems to me you learn from his research.

Disagree. My view is that the research is often extremely interesting. You can sometimes argue about his conclusions, but it seems to me you learn from his research.

Without going too deep into it usually in research you start with an argument and seek to prove / disprove it by reviewing as much data and information from multiple sources for and against your argument and, at the end of the research, you come to a conclusion.

Coming to a conclusion then finding evidence on the internet to show your assertion to be true whilst blindly refusing to review and accept any evidence against your argument is not research - that's assertion.

Very often Islay asserts his arguments rather than proposing a properly researched conclusion with good evidence. His blatant hatred of anything DBH / FPS / John Nelms doesn't help him get to a proper conclusion.

I also find some of his conclusions quite 'interesting'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Without going too deep into it usually in research you start with an argument and seek to prove / disprove it by reviewing as much data and information from multiple sources for and against your argument and, at the end of the research, you come to a conclusion.

Coming to a conclusion then finding evidence on the internet to show your assertion to be true whilst blindly refusing to review and accept any evidence against your argument is not research - that's assertion.

Very often Islay asserts his arguments rather than proposing a properly researched conclusion with good evidence. His blatant hatred of anything DBH / FPS / John Nelms doesn't help him get to a proper conclusion.
    Last paragraph, says everything about Islay.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    It happens all the time. I’ve been at hospoat Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Parkhead, and the Dump, when Dundee were playing.
    Yes I’ve been in hospo at Aberdeen , with my nephew, and Sam Robertson/Adam Barlow , another two Dundee fans and around a dozen Dons , it happens all time in hospo

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)