+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impossible to buy a ticket

Impossible to buy a ticket

Hi, a little comment on RUFC ticket policy, not a criticism just an observation and a question. I’m a Blades season ticket holder ergo not a Millers fan. I just tried to buy a ticket for the Ipswich match tomorrow but was advised by the ticket office that this is not possible as I have no ticketing history at Rotherham, while this is not strictly true as I bought a ticket for the Blackpool home match a few years ago I accept that I’m not on the Rotherham data base.

I’m disappointed and a little baffled as to how anyone can buy a ticket with no history ? Is this not limiting the clubs potential ?

Good luck for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wardy; 06-11-2023 at 01:45 PM. Reason: ……

I get why we do that for big derby games to stop away fans getting in the home end but Ipswich live on Sky on a Tuesday night seems a bit weird. I can only assume Ipswich have sold out their allocation and it's to stop their fans getting in the home end. Even considering where they are in the table I'd be surprised if they'd sold out for a Tuesday night game live on Sky.

During your conversation with our ticket office did you admit to owning any large agricultural machinery

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Hi, a little comment on RUFC ticket policy, not a criticism just an observation and a question. I’m a Blades season ticket holder ergo not a Millers fan. I just tried to buy a ticket for the Ipswich match tomorrow but was advised by the ticket office that this is not possible as I have no ticketing history at Rotherham, while this is not strictly true as I bought a ticket for the Blackpool home match a few years ago I accept that I’m not on the Rotherham data base.

I’m disappointed and a little baffled as to how anyone can buy a ticket with no history ? Is this not limiting the clubs potential ?

Good luck for tomorrow.
    At one time we used to be able to buy up to five tickets each for a derby game which I found strange,for safety reasons and the fact other supporters may miss out in doing that..!..

If it’s a one off it’s possibly not worth while but if think it could be a few games over the years you take in you could set an account up online and buy online..i no that’s not the ideal answer really but an option.

Good luck for tomorrow.
    The club have a policy that comes into force when the away team sells all of their allocation.

Basically you have to have proof that you have previously bought tickets to watch Rotherham United at home. As they register everyone that buys a ticket then it's difficult to bypass their system.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    During your conversation with our ticket office did you admit to owning any large agricultural machinery
    LOL , fertiloizer fertiloizer etc. LOL. I also asked her if I could buy a ticket at the ground, not possible apparently. I did buy a ticket at the New York stadium for a match against Blackpool a few seasons ago without difficulty.

Coming from Elsecar I must sound like a carrot cruncher.

LOL , fertiloizer fertiloizer etc. LOL. I also asked her if I could buy a ticket at the ground, not possible apparently. I did buy a ticket at the New York stadium for a match against Blackpool a few seasons ago without difficulty.

Coming from Elsecar I must sound like a carrot cruncher.
    If you've previously purchaced then you should be registered.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The club have a policy that comes into force when the away team sells all of their allocation.

Basically you have to have proof that you have previously bought tickets to watch Rotherham United at home. As they register everyone that buys a ticket then it's difficult to bypass their system.
    Cheers. Heyho. I suppose it’s the same all over although 2 years ago I bought tickets for QPR v Preston and 18 months ago Notts County v Wrexham.
    Each club must have its nuances I suppose.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If you've previously purchaced then you should be registered.
    Can’t explain it then ?

Can’t explain it then ?
    If you've previously bought tickets under your name then your name and address should be registered. Only if you've bought tickets before can you buy them for this match.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast