+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy Chanting

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    I agree Grist, but that’s the world we live in now and you can’t have one rule for some, and one for others. Millwall fans arrested last week for making offensive gestures? (and the BBC all over it)
    This was an interesting one

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...d-says-striker

Note, no racial element

Wasn't at gane today but I'm guessing it's about labour failing off letting girls get abused by different ethical men??

Good job the local rotherham adults got the labour out

CAM has opened a really good thread here which actually highlights how society is today.Does ''Social Meeja'' drive laws? What defines ''Offence'' because it seems to me that what ever ''The Law'' says,in reality,its actually who is prepared to bang the media drum hard enough that will ultimately enforce them. Wait until the first referee takes action over 3000 people chanting ''he's a wa***r'' and suddenly everyone will start proclaiming how disgusting people are,even though it's been going on for decades but no one has even noticed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    CAM has opened a really good thread here which actually highlights how society is today.Does ''Social Meeja'' drive laws? What defines ''Offence'' because it seems to me that what ever ''The Law'' says,in reality,its actually who is prepared to bang the media drum hard enough that will ultimately enforce them. Wait until the first referee takes action over 3000 people chanting ''he's a wa***r'' and suddenly everyone will start proclaiming how disgusting people are,even though it's been going on for decades but no one has even noticed!

The continuous drip of sanitisation

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The continuous drip of sanitisation
    Correct GTTM..... the Salami Revolution is upon us inspired by the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. The principle of people's lives and freedom of speech been taken away so thinly,akin to a slice of salami,that they don't even notice when it eventually disappears,how it happened! Wait for the first referee to take legal action!

1940. Sergeant Major, I can't possibly fight. That German over there has said such nasty things about me. I'm so upset

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    1940. Sergeant Major, I can't possibly fight. That German over there has said such nasty things about me. I'm so upset
    Not quite the same is it? Comparing what happens in warfare to what happens at an event that is supposed to be providing family entertainment. Contrary to what many disciples of Grist may subscribe to, there are some things that happen in the world that contribute to it being a better place.

Yes the world is full of snowflakes now. And for those who don't know, these are people who are hypersensitive and quick to take offense.

Yes the world is full of snowflakes now. And for those who don't know, these are people who are hypersensitive and quick to take offense.
    For anyone still unsure what this lazy tripe means. Here is an example.

Taking the knee, wristbands, Arsenal white shirts. What next? Keep politics out of our game!! If anyone wants to push their message they should go elsewhere. The fact that football shirts are advertising spaces for commercial products is bad enough but I don't want anyone telling me how to lead my life. If there is one thing that can unite the world it's football. Just let it be ffs

One person was arrested at the Man Utd-Liverpool FA Cup match yesterday for tragedy chanting.

“We are all familiar with fans taunting their opponents ... but this is generally done in good humour and without offence," said police.

Meanwhile, the entire away end was at it on Saturday, and yet again, nothing was done about it. On a day when we were supposedly celebrating IWD too.

The club is cowardly.
    Last edited by NYSRich; 18-03-2024 at 08:19 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast