+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerry Forrest

Gerry Forrest

He had the rare ability of being a solid right back as well as a dangerous attacking wing back. This doesn't happen often. I like Dexter but he is the latter but unfortunately not the former. Said it before but we are horribly exposed down the right flank with left wingers having a birthday. We can all see it. But our illustrious manager can't. Open your eyes Mr Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    He had the rare ability of being a solid right back as well as a dangerous attacking wing back. This doesn't happen often. I like Dexter but he is the latter but unfortunately not the former. Said it before but we are horribly exposed down the right flank with left wingers having a birthday. We can all see it. But our illustrious manager can't. Open your eyes Mr Taylor.
    I think you might be slightly overestimating your vision and underestimating the manager's. If only the game was that simple. As a casual observer of the game of football I can easily spot the fact that Erling Haaland scores goals for fun so why the f%ck can't all those Premiership and European managers stop him from doing it?

I agree about Gerry Forrest. He was exceptional in his position and unfortunately for RUFC supporters, players of his calibre only come along once in a lifetime.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-11-2023 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think you might be slightly overestimating your vision and underestimating the manager's. If only the game was that simple. As a casual observer of the game of football I can easily spot the fact that Erling Haaland scores goals for fun so why the f%ck can't all those Premiership and European managers stop him from doing it?

I agree about Gerry Forrest. He was exceptional in his position and unfortunately for RUFC supporters, players of his calibre only come along once in a lifetime.
    CAM, what a very good observation and retort to Tigerish’ initial post.

The kid is only 19. Tigerish when you read this have a re think about what you’ve posted. I get what you’ve posted, I truly do but please, give Dexter a break, he’s only just starting out and Forrest probably wasn’t has good as Dexter at his age.

This modern game full backs have to have some cover something Dext rarely gets. I'd like to see him play right wing back with a defender behind him would see him in a better light.

He’s not a right back in my opinion, Said it from day one ! Move him up and put Kiosso behind him or another right back. Great lad though

He is a bit too laid back for me, His positioning let’s him down at times he sometimes looks lost.For me he didn’t do enough to stop the cross for the second Ipswich goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Yes you have said this before,you’ve now started two threads about the same subject..this time disguised it.

Absolutely agree, he's fine going forward but gives the impression he doesn't have a clue where he should be when defending. Constantly drifting into no-man's land and then seems to lack urgency needed to recover position. Appreciate he's only young but if we can see the weakness here, you can be sure opponents can.

Ah Gerry. My all time favourite Miller. What a silky player he was.

Your comparing a what would be a premiership player against a lad who played near enough no first team games.

I despair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast