+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Under the Radar

Under the Radar

I've only just noticed there were three Third Division games last night--

Shrewsbury 0 Bolton 2
    Wigan 2 Peterborough 1
    Reading 1 Bristol Rov 1

Puts Bolton alongside Oxford five points clear of Barnsley with now the same number of games games played.

Posh lost but Wigan's win was their 8th of the season, same as Barnsley. Without their 8 pt deduction they would be just two points behind us. Keep an eye on those buggers.

It's a poor division. There's every chance a team could go on a run and surprise folk. It's wide open

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's a poor division. There's every chance a team could go on a run and surprise folk. It's wide open
    To be honest I agree with you about any team could do exactly as you & in my book that makes it a good league, okay the quality is missing but it is the third division & is 3rd rate football but I do believe it is very competitive & thats got to be good , I like the fact that every result is not so predictable as it was last season .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be honest I agree with you about any team could do exactly as you & in my book that makes it a good league, okay the quality is missing but it is the third division & is 3rd rate football but I do believe it is very competitive & thats got to be good , I like the fact that every result is not so predictable as it was last season .
    Yes Shads, I did mean the standard is poor rather than the excitement of it being more competitive and unpredictable which can only be a good thing

Derby hammered wolves too tonight
    Could be a big struggle on Saturday for us

They beat Wolves u21’s…we beat Man City’s U21s.
    It also took two goals in the last few minutes for them to grab a draw away at Crewe! They are no great shakes in this division.
    What worries me is that it’s their first home league game since the 31st of October so they will want to put in a performance for their fans.
    I think if we keep it tight and frustrate them, their fans will get at them and make them nervous, hopefully gaps will then appear for our wingers to exploit later in the game.
    After the performance against Horsham I’m hoping McCart is dropped for Shepherd and he partners Jalo with Cole? Can’t see it but hoping!
    Do we know when Roberts, Lopata and Cundy are due back?

These Lg One games didn't go under the radar at all, to be honest.
    Bolton are a threat obviously, and Derby and Peterbrough are and were always going to be up there as well.
    I don't think Oxford will stay there as well, to be honest.