+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alloa

Alloa

Every match is huge for Queens as the year end draws near, - will the Wasps still have a sting in their tail?

Think we all know what to expect here.
    Another horrendous performance against our bogie team with Conor Sammon or Ally Roy to score the winner.
    Lose this and he’s history hopefully.

Alloa looking for a new manager as Brian Rice leaves to join the coaching staff at Livi.

Trap doors starting to look bigger

Dear oh dear, stung by half dead Wasps with no manager.
    What will Marvin ' s excuse be this week?

Queen of the South are doing superbly well with all manner of things off the pitch, -perhaps Marvin needs to have a chat with Dan Armstrong, who is doing an absolutely amazing job.

I know everyone will say "but he doesn't listen to anyone," - well frankly, I don't care about Marvin, I care about QOS FC, and either Marvin starts knocking on every possible door for advice, or he should do the honourable thing for the club and leave, while there's still time to turn this season round.

We seem to go one step forward, then two steps backward, and for me that's a sign of bad management (in whatever field) you should never make the same mistakes over and over again.

I honestly thought after last week that we'd turned a corner at last, and having the psychological advantage of playing a team with no manager, Alloa should have been there for the taking .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Think we all know what to expect here.
    Another horrendous performance against our bogie team with Conor Sammon or Ally Roy to score the winner.
    Lose this and he’s history hopefully.
    Told you !!!!

Wasn't there so can't comment with any real conviction but the optics on the stats don't look great. I hope the manager doesn't put this on the players because that seems to be getting thin. 2 shots on target is grim grim stuff.
    The only reason for not sacking him is managers don't get long enough but little other reason at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    Wasn't there so can't comment with any real conviction but the optics on the stats don't look great. I hope the manager doesn't put this on the players because that seems to be getting thin. 2 shots on target is grim grim stuff.
    The only reason for not sacking him is managers don't get long enough but little other reason at the moment.
    Wasn’t at the game myself but just watched his interview and guess what. It’s totally down to the players! He doesn’t make one comment about his own misgivings or ability. Claims it was a huge improvement on last week but yet changes the team. Why? Changes to the formation of the team. Why? Claims in interview that it wasn’t a game with chances yet fails to change the system or the team until 15 minutes from end. Why? Players are making the same mistakes each week. Why? I could go on and on but there will never be an answer to any questions. It’ll be the same resource answers each week. He’s had a fair crack at it now so maybe time to do the honourable thing

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Wasn’t at the game myself but just watched his interview and guess what. It’s totally down to the players! He doesn’t make one comment about his own misgivings or ability. Claims it was a huge improvement on last week but yet changes the team. Why? Changes to the formation of the team. Why? Claims in interview that it wasn’t a game with chances yet fails to change the system or the team until 15 minutes from end. Why? Players are making the same mistakes each week. Why? I could go on and on but there will never be an answer to any questions. It’ll be the same resource answers each week. He’s had a fair crack at it now so maybe time to do the honourable thing
    When I say last week I mean the Falkirk game and should say rehearsed answers rather than resource answers.

The worry is we're going to set up the same next week and the manager and coaching team are learning nothing. It seems to be that yesterday was going fine until Efe went of script and cost us the whole game in one moment. Up to that point we were just softening Alloa up and if the players had followed the plan we would have scored a goal against the plucky part timers. It's basically madness. How about playing to our strengths, playing like a team and enjoying our football. It doesn't look like the players are enjoying it. That seems to me like poor management.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)