+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Rangers fans

Well done Rangers fans

My grandson is a member of the Junior Dees, 9 years old.
    He was selected last Wednesday for the position of ball boy for the Rangers game, despite the scoreline,
    he thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

I received an e mail last night, from the Community Trust, that due to safety concerns, junior Dees will no longer
    be considered for the position of ball boys, and only the in house ball boys will be selected.

So well done to Rangers fans for spoiling the dreams of youngsters.

I’ll probably get slated, but I don’t believe youngsters should be used as ballboys, I’d go for players from the under 14’s up, boys that have some knowledge of the game, know when to slow up the return of the ball etc

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’ll probably get slated, but I don’t believe youngsters should be used as ballboys, I’d go for players from the under 14’s up, boys that have some knowledge of the game, know when to slow up the return of the ball etc
    I agree. Was it not Brian Clough that started that and it wasn't even the u14s but older lads? At the start of a game, plenty of ballboys. If Derby/Forest were down even more and working furiously to get the ball back in play but if ahead they downed tools, went on a go slow or disappeared altogether.

100% agree but as the OP says it's a bit of a thrill for the youngsters to be involved, that opportunity's now been taken away from them due to the behaviour of certain away fans and it's difficult to disagree with that decision after last week. Maybe a hybrid approach would've been better with younger Junior Dees helping out the older ones and being restricted to in front of home support only when the away end is busier?

MY older grandson, u/14s was a ballboy at the United v Rangers game at Tannadice last season,
    All the ballboys were withdrawn in the final quarter of the game because of the language and threats to individual ballboys from Rangers
    supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    100% agree but as the OP says it's a bit of a thrill for the youngsters to be involved, that opportunity's now been taken away from them due to the behaviour of certain away fans and it's difficult to disagree with that decision after last week. Maybe a hybrid approach would've been better with younger Junior Dees helping out the older ones and being restricted to in front of home support only when the away end is busier?
    Could alway have them at the home end if they want to keep them, bit that gets me, there were plenty police in front of the Shankly, it seems it’s them who are failing in there duty, someone abusing the ballboy should be ejected

Could alway have them at the home end if they want to keep them, bit that gets me, there were plenty police in front of the Shankly, it seems it’s them who are failing in there duty, someone abusing the ballboy should be ejected
    Agree with keeping them in front of home fans.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    My grandson is a member of the Junior Dees, 9 years old.
    He was selected last Wednesday for the position of ball boy for the Rangers game, despite the scoreline,
    he thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

I received an e mail last night, from the Community Trust, that due to safety concerns, junior Dees will no longer
    be considered for the position of ball boys, and only the in house ball boys will be selected.

So well done to Rangers fans for spoiling the dreams of youngsters.
    You should send an email to the Rangers Chief Executive telling him that thanks to actions of his supporters at last Wednesday night’s game your grandson will no longer be selected as a ball boy for future Dundee FC home games due to safety concerns.

Totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You should send an email to the Rangers Chief Executive telling him that thanks to actions of his supporters at last Wednesday night’s game your grandson will no longer be selected as a ball boy for future Dundee FC home games due to safety concerns.
    What will be the out come off that email do you think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)