+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odoffin

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So would I. Thing is he’ll be alright as our back line is screwed up to the season end, Morrison will drop out again. Ayala could drop out, Humphrey’s out for the season, Blackett 50/50…. need I go on?
    Is Humphreys's out for the season?

If we have any ambition at all we should be giving the likes of Ollie and Haks new contracts NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The player made statements in the press last summer that he hoped the club would start speaking to him regarding a new contract
    If discussions with Olly are on hold then I would imagine ones with Haks are too
    I can’t see Tony sanctioning any further longer term commitments until our league position has improved a bit
    Then TS is a fool if he cannot see these are two of our best performing players. Basil is 27 and this may well be his best remaining playing years. He’s already said he wants to remain here and is disappointed things are on hold but he understands. Bet his agent doesn’t!

As for Hakeem, he has come on on leaps and bounds and we are now seeing his adaptability to fit in anywhere. I bet he could play up front if asked to.

Do we want another, Chio, Smith, Harding, scenario? They need new contracts now before their agents step in,

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Is Humphreys's out for the season?
    Sure I read that somewhere, I’ll take another look and come back to provide an update.

Then TS is a fool if he cannot see these are two of our best performing players. Basil is 27 and this may well be his best remaining playing years. He’s already said he wants to remain here and is disappointed things are on hold but he understands. Bet his agent doesn’t!

As for Hakeem, he has come on on leaps and bounds and we are now seeing his adaptability to fit in anywhere. I bet he could play up front if asked to.

Do we want another, Chio, Smith, Harding, scenario? They need new contracts now before their agents step in,
    This is what’s happening,even MT said this letting players contracts run down has got to stop….but seemingly it hasn’t…get rid of those old energy sucking light bulbs and get some cheaper to run light bulbs…

Agree 100% if TS is letting this happen then shame on him, when will we learn horw to manage our assets better, such a short-term view is not good for anyone, players, fans, the manager or the board.

Firstly TS is not a fool. I’m surprised anyone thinks that
    He’s spent a lot more in salaries this season and even with a cut in terms if we go down it’s still a lot more than in recent seasons
    But some fans want him to throw even more money at it. Whilst things can get better points wise it’s not going to plan atm.

I’d like us to extend both of their contracts but I can see why he might be reluctant to give higher long term deals to a squad who haven’t given him the confidence atm that it’s a good investment
    Risk vs rewards. Risks too big as we stand
    Dead easy to spend / waste someone else’s money
    Last edited by flourbasher; 10-11-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Get to January see were we are but need to keep Olly & Haks. Like we always do if we're in league 1 next season wages are reduced accordingly to the loss of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    This is what’s happening,even MT said this letting players contracts run down has got to stop….but seemingly it hasn’t…get rid of those old energy sucking light bulbs and get some cheaper to run light bulbs…
    It makes no sense at all, not to protect your prize assets.Luton fans couldn't believe they got Ogbene for nothing and look what he's doing in the Premier league now.This needs wrapping up now, not waiting till January!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Get to January see were we are but need to keep Olly & Haks. Like we always do if we're in league 1 next season wages are reduced accordingly to the loss of revenue.
    Should be no problem then? The players and their agents will sign without hesitation.

If Olly is so keen to stay, let’s offer him a contract on the same terms as his last one. Allowing for inflation of course.

Reading comments on here, it really should be that easy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast