+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction League- Tottenham Hotspur

So frustrating for 90 minutes as Wolves were playing them off the pitch outside of that first goal. Just couldn’t put the ball on target.

A just result and fantastic feeling watching that one

good come back from wolves...

summary in brief...wolves could not match spurs skill and spurs could not
    match wolves never say die attitude

great result
    Last edited by Greavseywolf; 11-11-2023 at 05:50 PM.

After an immaculately observed one minutes silence on a sunny autumnal day, Wolves conceded a sloppy early goal. As in last seasons game the visitors started to play with real confidence. Wolves were there for the taking, or so they must have thought. Their supporters were in good voice, as you would expect from a side that had been topping the table , and would return later today after an easy three points at Molineux. They must have forgotten that we have beaten them twice in the last three games.

Wolves started to get a toe hold into the game and the noise in the lower Steve Bull abated. We were closing them down well with Gomes the Jack Russel, snapping into tackles and with Lemina running the midfield we were starting to look dangerous. Chances came and went, however, numerous passes went astray at crucial times. We could so easily have been in the lead at half time but as the referee called a halt to the first half we were still chasing a game that we should have been winning.

The conversation at half time in our group centred around the fact that we could not beat the first defender from the many corners that had been awarded. I also received a text from my Coventry supporter friend, who suggested we could do with someone who could score goals.

As the second half started, it was clear that we were going hard for the equaliser. the press was working well and Dawson et al were looking comfortable at the back. Unlike last season we were attacking in numbers, but attempts were not hitting the target. As the half drew towards the the last quarter the Spurs fans found their voice but were soon drowned out by superb home support.

You started to get the feeling it was going to be 'one of those days' and that early Tottenham goal was going to prove decisive. Subs were made and the clock ticked towards ninety. Suddenly the forgotten man latched onto a superb pass from Cunha and with an incredible first touch Sarabia lashed an unstoppable left footed drive past their keeper. Molineux erupted and justice was done, another valuable well deserved point had been salvaged.

Supporters who had been leaving suddenly reappeared up the steps, grown men were still dancing as the visitors kicked off. Their supporters must have felt dejected as a valuable three points had been squandered and the trip back to London with only a point must have felt bitter. Six minutes had been allocated and we were well into that. Just prior to ninety Sa had saved the day with a superb tip over the bar. Molineux was in full voice now, a very intimidating venue when the crown get together.

A free kick to Wolves, quick thinking Doyle splayed a perfect pass to Sarabia out on the right wing, a well weighted pass found Lemina (my man of the match) in space in the visitors area and the rest is history. For the second time in minutes the stadium erupted, or should I say exploded. The final whistle went soon after and, many supporters saw the reason that you don't leave a Wolves game before the final whistle.

A text went from Coventry, ' Perhaps you don't'.

That is now three victories against Tottenham in the last four games. Their supporters trooped away dejected, I know the feeling.
    The crowd played it's part and no side is looking forward to a visit to the Golden Palace. A decent break now although we will be without Dawson for the visit to Fulham.

It's been a tough start with many of last seasons top teams having been played, but as Christmas approaches our league position is looking good.

Very good writeup abbo.

Yep, Lemina man of the match, possibly first name on GON's teamsheet. What a buy he is becoming, great engine, making great runs and playing a more attacking role.

A word on Gary O'Neil.
    I was sceptical about his appointment mainly based on an interview from Dazzling Dave with a lifelong Bournemouth watcher who was quite scathing regarding O' Neil's 'weird' substitutions and baffling formations.
    Apparently this feeling was felt by many at the V I t a l ity and there was a lot of 'luck' involved with the relegation escape and why would he have been sacked if he had done a great job?

Anyway, the blogger (and myself) got that synopsis totally wrong hopefully and so far, take a bow Mr. O'Neil.
    Last edited by innunowetrust1; 12-11-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Great report Abbo, there were a few contenders for man of the match… Ait Nouri (apart from his corners!), Toti and last but far from least Sarabia for one of the most impactful 10 minutes in PL history. It’s a shame that he hasn’t delivered these sorts of moments of quality more frequently, the PL is tough though. You have to laugh at Ait Nouri and Joao Gomes in the thick of both goal celebrations despite having been subbed off, shows what a great team spirit GON is cultivating. Lopetegui is off to Saudi to make lots of money apparently… who cares.

Great match report from Abo', and comments from Inwt1 and Nortonwolf.....ain't life grand !!! What a wonderful period of extra time for Wolves ! Last week we cursed our luck after receiving another dodgy Ref/VAR penalty decision in extra time. This week, during extra time, we were treated to a brace of goals, brilliantly crafted and executed. Firstly by Sarabia who, following a super pass from Cunha, showed perfect control, speed and sublime accuracy to score the first. Shortly thereafter it was Sarabia again providing the opportunity for Lemina to guide a wonderful ball past the Spurs 'keeper. Molineux erupted, a moment of glorious euphoria that will long be remembered. Lemina !!!...what a player ? Ait Nouri played well too, but please can we find someone else to take the corners.

An excellent report George. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Great report Abbo, there were a few contenders for man of the match… Ait Nouri (apart from his corners!), Toti and last but far from least Sarabia for one of the most impactful 10 minutes in PL history. It’s a shame that he hasn’t delivered these sorts of moments of quality more frequently, the PL is tough though. You have to laugh at Ait Nouri and Joao Gomes in the thick of both goal celebrations despite having been subbed off, shows what a great team spirit GON is cultivating. Lopetegui is off to Saudi to make lots of money apparently… who cares.
    I think the two lads were booked for running across to join in the celebrations. I don't recall any of the Sheffield United players getting booked after their late penalty last week though! Did you see how many Chelsea and City players were surrounding the referee in the later stages of the game yesterday? Let us have some consistency .I thought our referee on Saturday had a decent game, one of the better ones this season.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I think the two lads were booked for running across to join in the celebrations. I don't recall any of the Sheffield United players getting booked after their late penalty last week though! Did you see how many Chelsea and City players were surrounding the referee in the later stages of the game yesterday? Let us have some consistency .I thought our referee on Saturday had a decent game, one of the better ones this season.
    You're right they both got booked for joining in the celebration of the winner, I agree it seemed harsh no incitement or time wasting what's the problem? Yes, the referee had a decent game, I had more of an issue with players diving and simulating injuries... at one point Porro was down for about three minutes when the Ref restarted the game he came back on and was fine... when players do that they should be carded.

Great read George,spot on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)