+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

I think Goodwin’s plan (whatever that was) seems to have worked for the first round of games. Then been sussed out by almost all oppo managers and as such completely nullified in the second round. See teams now pressing up on our back line forcing an aimless ball up to moult.

We don’t seem to have a plan b.

Horrible performances over the last few weeks. Little fight for each other and determination to grind out a result.

Also why are we so bad and throw ins and corners!! We almost always surrender possession. Fed up people!!

Corners were really bad today. I'm assuming the team were told to hit the first man as every single one did. ☹️

Raith have shown they can put a lengthy winning run together, we haven't because we can't. Too many egos and not enough effort or application. Don't even get me started on Goodwin,an expert in failure.

Can already see some hysteria to the result

Firstly though we obviously missed Docherty again at home and we've failed to win every one he's missed, got to be a priority to get a centre mid and a striker in January, we need a bit more depth

As for the game, was nothing in the game, Walton had one save to make from Stanton's header, and of course Easton's goal which should few been blocked despite his good feet, we had two men there, Dabrowski had to make a couple very good saves from Mochrie and Moult, they also had a few very decent blocks to stop us equalising, they had a wee spell at the start of the second half and the was it, we huffed and puffed but were comfortable defensively but we badly missed Doc both on and off the ball

Credit to them today theyve beat us and stopped us scoring but hope the manager and players watched the reaction of them at the end and use it for the games ahead, starting Friday night, you'd think they'd won it already, I think we are more capable of going on to win it but we must get back on track right away and keep the pressure on until we catch up our game in hand, they are going to drop pts and we need to take advantage, we are the Friday game the next two rounds so play first so need to do the business and not forget what we've done before today and that we aren't half way through yet, two more head to heads to come

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There was nothing in that game today. They took their only real chance and Middleton missed ours when he should have scored.

Yup, Walton had next to nothing to do, very tight game, disappointing way to lose to a shot we could have blocked

Raging with that performance, we should have been at them from the start , that today is down to tactics, even the subs all it done was change personnel not the shape , horrendous performance in a game of that importance. If evr a game showed how short our squad is that is it . Only saving grace is there is still over half the season to go , only players worthy of a mention were Moult and Sibbald

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And sorry but Tony Watt can phuck right off. Mochrie was miles better while he was on.
    Watts attitude is f*cking horrendous. The way he was acting towards the fans in the ET as he was warming up, as if in disbelief at the fact he wasn't starting. Completely undermining the manager. The c*nt needs to f*ck off and take his attitude with him. I'd stick him in the 18's with the Aussie.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Can already see some hysteria to the result

Firstly though we obviously missed Docherty again at home and we've failed to win every one he's missed, got to be a priority to get a centre mid and a striker in January, we need a bit more depth

As for the game, was nothing in the game, Walton had one save to make from Stanton's header, and of course Easton's goal which should few been blocked despite his good feet, we had two men there, Dabrowski had to make a couple very good saves from Mochrie and Moult, they also had a few very decent blocks to stop us equalising, they had a wee spell at the start of the second half and the was it, we huffed and puffed but were comfortable defensively but we badly missed Doc both on and off the ball

Credit to them today theyve beat us and stopped us scoring but hope the manager and players watched the reaction of them at the end and use it for the games ahead, starting Friday night, you'd think they'd won it already, I think we are more capable of going on to win it but we must get back on track right away and keep the pressure on until we catch up our game in hand, they are going to drop pts and we need to take advantage, we are the Friday game the next two rounds so play first so need to do the business and not forget what we've done before today and that we aren't half way through yet, two more head to heads to come
    Here he goes again.

Raith are at home Friday night BTW, must have missed that stat.
    Last edited by Arabdownsouth; 16-12-2023 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Here he goes again.

Raith are at home Friday night BTW, must have missed that stat.
    He can't help it. Sometimes though I wish I had Shedka's optimism, glass half full attitude but I'm realistic like most of our support and that was poor and unacceptable today. A big improvement is needed now as well as strengthening in January or we are staring at the lottery of the play offs. Goodwin just doesn't fill me with any confidence and enthusiasm. Tbh I reckon he is just a serial loser.

The feel good factor a short month ago has now evaporated. With this squad, and this manager we were always going to hit a sticky period, pity it happened in the cup, then again, we are in not condition to go to Aberdeen/Hibs even Dens far less Glasgow so might be a blessing, this team have a very fragile confidence.

This is certainly not a top tier team, but we need a 2nd tier team and we certainly have that! 😂 All kidding aside, we need to bring in a few hungry players in January, but loads of time to get the job done.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)