+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    JC got schooled today, but he will have a chance to make up for it.

Should we buy a couple good performers at other teams in this division, like Raith Rovers?😂😂😂
    I was saying this today. make a bid for Easton. If nothing else it could unsettle. He would improve our team. We bought the best player in the division before and got promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    I was saying this today. make a bid for Easton. If nothing else it could unsettle. He would improve our team. We bought the best player in the division before and got promoted.
    Did you not notice that he went off today and his replacement made no difference to them. Take a couple out that team and there will be little change, take 1 out our team and we cannot handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    easton is better then any of our wingers it would make sense on every front

Seems that the concensus is that we need a creative spark in midfield and a goal scorer to reinvigorate our season. Hate to break it to folk but that's not going to happen in the January transfer window of all times.

We've been looking for at least those 2 positions for the last 5 years! We've improved our keeper which was beyond easy, finding someone who can run with a football and beat players is a bit more difficult at our level.

We're in a 2 horse race with Rovers until the end of the season. If things click and we can play a bit better then we can win this league. But what's more worrying is the long term.....If we go up, we're miles off being a decent side. Is Goodwin the man to take us where we want to go? Is Ogdoon the man to finance our revival?

Basically we are schite. End of.

When is the last time if ever we have strengthened in a January window? Notoriously difficult, that's not to say we shouldn't be trying. It's hard to turn round a squad in one transfer window following a relegation. A successful Jan window in recent times has not been losing players, no worries on that front at present. The only time I can remember us making a difference is when Alex Smith was manager and he brought in the likes of Charlie Miller, Jim Lauchlan and Derek Lilley, and that's so long ago I don't even think transfer windows were in place then!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    When is the last time if ever we have strengthened in a January window? Notoriously difficult, that's not to say we shouldn't be trying. It's hard to turn round a squad in one transfer window following a relegation. A successful Jan window in recent times has not been losing players, no worries on that front at present. The only time I can remember us making a difference is when Alex Smith was manager and he brought in the likes of Charlie Miller, Jim Lauchlan and Derek Lilley, and that's so long ago I don't even think transfer windows were in place then!
    Under Neilson first window we did improve after Jan

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Under Neilson first window we did improve after Jan
    Good shout, that's when Ogren came in and really pushed the boat. Got a lot of people excited and saying we'd get promoted that season, didn't quite work out, but started the rebuild. Reynolds, Connolly, Butcher, Harkes, Pawlett, Sow. Those last two the kind of damaged goods you often find in a Jan Window.

We are pedestrian in the build up and Goodwin then says we couldn't break them down. The reason is very obvious, so why can't he see it. The crowd were not having the tippie tappie stuff towards the end and the defence responded. it did make some difference. Get back to the Arbroath 1st game of the season attacking and pressing and moving it from defence quickly. If noe, they will run away with the league.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerino83 View Post
    We are pedestrian in the build up and Goodwin then says we couldn't break them down. The reason is very obvious, so why can't he see it. The crowd were not having the tippie tappie stuff towards the end and the defence responded. it did make some difference. Get back to the Arbroath 1st game of the season attacking and pressing and moving it from defence quickly. If noe, they will run away with the league.
    For me Goodwin showed them to much respect , didn’t press high up the pitch was happy to stay in our shape when they had the ball . Our home form is a worry and for me , we should be changing or game plan and going after teams at Tannadice , teams sit deeper and there is less room to move the ball quicker , he needs a plan B

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)