+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your next Manager

Chris Wilder or Chris Hughton would be my 2 choices.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Chris Wilder or Chris Hughton would be my 2 choices.
    Hughton already has a job though.

Joey Barton for me

Another site has Paul Cook as favourite according to Radio Sheffield ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I’ve see worse Brin,Nigel Clough,Over the next decade, during half of which he continued to play a regular role on the field, Clough took Burton up from the seventh tier of the English football league system to the brink of promotion to League Two. Halfway through the 2008–09 season he followed in his father's footsteps by joining Derby County as manager but was dismissed in September 2013. He was appointed as manager of Sheffield United a month later, guiding them out of the relegation zone and taking the club to FA Cup and League Cup semi-finals. He was dismissed in May 2015 and returned to Burton in December, leading them to promotion to the Championship for the first time in the club's history in May 2016 and the League Cup semi-final in January 2019. He stepped down in May 2020, and returned to work in November at Mansfield Town.
    Exactly Lol, he has a better than 40% win record over nearly 1,500 games, of which less than half were non-league
    More importantly he kept a smaller, less well-funded club than us in the championship for 2 seasons and he showed by standing down to save the club that his dad's principles live on in Nigel.
    I'd prefer Rowett & I think that Colin is the best chance of staying up this year but Cloughie would be a good shout.
    Same for the Cowley brothers
    Not yet convinced by Beale or Eustace
    Pearson, Hurst, Jones, Wilder, Curle, McCarthy, Ince or Luke Williams would be risks that we don't need to take if we can get any of the first choices
    Richardson, Ainsworth, Evans, Barton, Hughes, Ince, Jackett, Stubbs definitely not

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I didn’t say untrue I said inaccurate.

Yes to the second point, this view we have done very well at home is misleading, 10 points from 8 games 2 wins against bottom half teams. We are a third of the way through the season so that would equate to 6 wins 30 points. Cardiff were 4th from bottom last season with 13 wins, where are the other 7 coming from?. Our home form is a lot better than our away form, but that is so bad it makes the home form look better than it is. It is a lot better I agree but unfortunately the EFL expects you to play games away from home as well, and they are so harsh that the final league position is decided by both home and away added together.
    The injury list has been awful, but unfortunately I do not sit in the camp of this is due to the supernatural force of luck, but believe there are factors that have impacted us in terms of injury. I do feel for MT and I do believe he believes what he is saying and that he works hard and is doing his best, I do not think his best is good enough andI do not believe it will be good enough in League 1, I base my opinion on what I have witnessed from his Rotherham team this season. The meagre resources annoys me, compared to other clubs yes I agree but compared to other Rotherham managers I disagree, he has got his recruitment strategy all wrong.
    Your last comment is flippant and not worthy of you. The board of Rotherham United will decide his fate, and although a number of us want him gone now, it will be their decision and rightly so. If they keep him I will live with it and hope he wins every game to prove me and others wrong, but I doubt he will do enough to duplicate last seasons league position, which is all I have ever expected. It is better for us all if we respect each others views even if we disagree with those views, this is dividing the fans and that cannot be good for anyone.
    Spot on Derby
    I wouldn't rise to the childish baiting if I were you
    Taylor has been a dead man walking ever since the first Stoke mauling of the season - nice bloke but didn't have the fight or personality - both of which are needed by the bucketload in this job
    He's driven a wedge between himself and the players
    My biggest regret is that this wasn't done before the Wednesday, QPR & Watford games - actually we should have done it after the fiasco of almost going down last season

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I keep seeing folk posting stats of MT and why they thinks he's so bad.
    Here's a stat for you.
    Rufc have lost 2 of their last 6 games.
    1 win and 3 draws...

Preston wba and Sunderland (5th 6th & 7th) have lost more games in the same period than we have.
    How many teams have won fewer games out of their last 55 than the 10 we managed under Taylor??
    It's not to do with form, it's to do with substance
    Like Suella Braverman, he needed to go and it's a good thing for the club and the players and the fans that he's gone
    Unlike Braverman, matt seems like a decent human being, so it's sad on a personal level

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post

Definite no there!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    hmm, I'd rank him alongside the likes of Beale, Eustace, Pearson, Hurst, Jones, Wilder, Curle, McCarthy, Ince or Luke Williams - i.e. risks that we don't need to take if we can get any of the first choices Rowett, Colin, Cloughie or the Cowley brothers

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Joey Barton for me
    Can we all agree that IBS should have no role in the new manager selection process?

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast