+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Hosham v Barnsley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Romared Match Thoughts Hosham v Barnsley

They've had their 90 minutes in the sun and now it's time for the extra quality to come through and put these plucky part timers in their place with a comprehensive win by at least a 3 goal margin .

Except ..........

We go a goal down and we are proper up against it aren't we given our lack of turning losing positions in to wins .

I'd suggest to you Mr Collins this is one you might want to win given our present struggles , a humiliation live on tv could have consequences .

Once again Barnsley FC are gracing national television. The last time was the Wembley Play Off Final.

Most neutrals will of course be supporting the underdogs (that's Horsham ) but a couple of early goals by the professional outfit quite a number of tiers higher in the football pyramid should dampen all hopes of an upset.

Select a strong team Neill and Jon. No fannying abart giving so and so a game. Get the game won first.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Once again Barnsley FC are gracing national television. The last time was the Wembley Play Off Final.

Most neutrals will of course be supporting the underdogs (that's Horsham ) but a couple of early goals by the professional outfit quite a number of tiers higher in the football pyramid should dampen all hopes of an upset.

Select a strong team Neill and Jon. No fannying abart giving so and so a game. Get the game won first.
    Unfortunately Mr Collins doesn't know his strongest team SB , only YN knows that !!!

The only answer is to implement " The Nudger Way " !! I remember when the mighty Enfield came to Oakwell & earned a replay, we all trudged down to White Hart Lane in front of 30 odd thousand & duly put them to the sword , hopefully history will repeat itself & we repeat the dose , of course having king Ronnie in the team back then helped , can Mr Collins get hold of Ronnie before tomorrow & get him to find his boots , if he did I would feel a lot more confident .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The only answer is to implement " The Nudger Way " !! I remember when the mighty Enfield came to Oakwell & earned a replay, we all trudged down to White Hart Lane in front of 30 odd thousand & duly put them to the sword , hopefully history will repeat itself & we repeat the dose , of course having king Ronnie in the team back then helped , can Mr Collins get hold of Ronnie before tomorrow & get him to find his boots , if he did I would feel a lot more confident .
    It's not Glavin we need Shads, it's Macca in the middle of our inept defence.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's not Glavin we need Shads, it's Macca in the middle of our inept defence.
    Very true !!! To be honest last seasons back 3 would have been more than good enough this season , hopefully a couple of defenders in the Macca mould would do nicely in january .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

If he selects the strong team that capitulated on Saturday we will get beaten and deservedly so. Time for Collins to stop up and stop being apologetic and masking their lack of effort and application like the after match statement this weekend. Get some fire in their bellies

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Very true !!! To be honest last seasons back 3 would have been more than good enough this season , hopefully a couple of defenders in the Macca mould would do nicely in january .
    Absolutely. It was something that the board had most of pre season to try and deal with in a more realistic way and they didn't unfortunately. Mads left relatively early in the summer window (3rd July) and Bobby Thomas went back to his parent club after Wembley. To replace them in the way that they did shows that no lessons have been learned in years.

They ought to have this in mind for the January window and deal with the situation in a more practical and pragmatic way. They brought in an estimated 8m in for Mads (3m)and Kitching (5m) this summer. Surely they could spare at least 10% of that money to bring in a proven league one defender this January or use the money to retain our more established players like Cole, Kane etc on improved contracts as their deals are up at the end of the season. If this type of thing doesn't materialise in January, then it'll tell our supporters of their ambitions for this club.

Huge January coming up for me. I'm not expecting too much in all honesty. Hope that I'm proven wrong.

Apologies for going off topic.

The Cup replay worries me in terms of the pressure being on us. Horsham will have seen a video of us on Saturday and will no doubt try to put us under as much pressure as they can.

We have to be professional, full of attitude, attitude and more attitude. We have to be battle hardened on a cold, windy midweek night and from what I saw on Saturday, we look anything but that. We have a distinct lack of leadership and as I said on the Derby matchday thread, the defence looks woeful. Theres no room for shirkers on nights like these. Our players should be hurting from the performance and result from the original tie and have a point to prove. I want to see a reaction here bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Apologies for going off topic.

The Cup replay worries me in terms of the pressure being on us. Horsham will have seen a video of us on Saturday and will no doubt try to put us under as much pressure as they can.

We have to be professional, full of attitude, attitude and more attitude. We have to be battle hardened on a cold, windy midweek night and from what I saw on Saturday, we look anything but that. We have a distinct lack of leadership and as I said on the Derby matchday thread, the defence looks woeful. Theres no room for shirkers on nights like these. Our players should be hurting from the performance and result from the original tie and have a point to prove. I want to see a reaction here bigtime.
    The fact that we are considering the possibility of getting turned over and why that might happen against a team with all due respect four tiers below us tells you where we are right now .

That present league table tells lies at moment but it won't for too much longer .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast