lIts also an indication that as one might realistically hope, despite the injuries suffered and the financial restrictions the club are operating under, it has consolidated which given we are under 18 months from being in administration is what I would expect.

Warne has had one transfer window, (January was constrained to free transfers, which are few at that time) and even then had a tight budget and has not had the benefit of players in u23's to call upon which other clubs in this league do. This club was gutted with good players from the first team and the academy sold to keep it afloat, I expected it to take more than 1 season to recover from that.

One only has to consider how Derby ended up in League 1, having spent millions on players, to know that even with money, no transfer is guaranteed to be a success, even the best managers signings (costing millions) can be duds, I'd be amazed if operating in the free transfer market if every signing proved to be a "good un" as it is over the season I reckon most will prove their worth.

I accept the team is inconsistent, but the results against Barnsley and Posh prove it can perform and lets face it there is a reason these players are in league 1 and were free transfers!

I am confident that Derby will be in and around the play off zone come January, will Warne be able to get a couple of quality players in come January? Who knows, it depends on a club being willing to let them go for a price Derby can afford, again the judgement may come in, will it better to splurge the budget on a good striker or get in 2 hard tackling midfielders?