+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Karl Robinson being interviewed today?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Good question, I find it easier to make a list of those i don't like the idea of. Not saying it is an easy job to select a manager, just that I think we aren't as bad an option for some of them that are out of work as others might believe we are.
    If pushed 1. Rowett, 2. Jones, 3. Richardson
    all of them just feel like what we need at the moment, I wanted Wilder but I do think he falls into the "dreaming of something better" group, you could easily argue that my 1 and 2 could as well. Jones struggled at Stoke, I remember hearing a stoke radio interview with him the day we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at theirs, and it seemed the players still thought they were premier league and he struggled to get them to realise they were going to have to fight and not expect to turn-up and win, I think he struggled at Southampton as well because premier league players are a bunch of prema donnas and he is better with lower league players, I think he would galvanise our squad, he would bring in grafters in january and I think that is what we need. But as i said it isn't easy and I could be 100% wrong about him.
    The people I sit with at NYS came up with the same names and in the same order too.
    We all thought Leam Richardson was most likely to be appointed though.
    Time will tell I guess......hopefully not too much more time!

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Good to see your chips Peter. We all good here. Off to MKM tonight. Take a point now.
    At least a local trip for you. Took us 2 hours to get home from the Leeds match last Friday😕Always road closures on midweek matches. Very annoying. Hope you enjoy the match, great stadium and a point would be excellent.
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Allegedly , but sounds like he’s on the interview list . Ok I will think about that one. 👍
    A couple of people said they'd seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    But sacking the manager is cheaper than losing out on payments by staying in the chakpionship
    We will probably go down whoever the manager is , looking at our squad atm . The point is who is the best manager to take us straight back up ?

[QUOTE=Derbymiller;40397156]
    If Tony Stewart wanted the cheap option he wouldn’t have sacked Matt Taylor imo . Hiring and firing isn’t a cheap option, whoever it is .[/QUOTE

I am talking about the cheap option post his decision to sack MT.
    It wasn’t a dig at you personally. It’s amazing how supporters feel that it’s always the cheap option with us and you are bang on about the doom and gloom merchants in our fan base .let Tony Stewart run the club how he feels is the right way to do it , it’s nobody’s business who he sacks, employs or who washers the kits .

[QUOTE=MillersJ81;40397340]
    Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It wasn’t a dig at you personally. It’s amazing how supporters feel that it’s always the cheap option with us and you are bang on about the doom and gloom merchants in our fan base .let Tony Stewart run the club how he feels is the right way to do it , it’s nobody’s business who he sacks, employs or who washers the kits .
    True and we as fans don’t know the lead up to events

For all we know TS might have tipped the wink to Rob Scott ( or other) with the instruction “ if we sack Taylor who might come here”

So the process of replacing Taylor might have started weeks ago

[QUOTE=Grist_To_The_Mill;40397374]

True and we as fans don’t know the lead up to events

For all we know TS might have tipped the wink to Rob Scott ( or other) with the instruction “ if we sack Taylor who might come here”

So the process of replacing Taylor might have started weeks ago
    It might have, but if so why has it taken 16 days to get this far, why are we stating in the press interviews have only just started, why are we saying the short-list could be relooked at, are you suggesting that TS is lying or deliberately trying to mislead the fans? I will go with what he has said is true, it just isn't very good and they have dropped a huge one not acting faster.

This is Rotherham United, not the Dog & Duck but the communication from the club is very much in line with the latter.
    The interview TS gave to Sky also showed the football world that the Dog and Duck is a more attractive proposition.

KR would have been at NYS recently given that he’s a key part of Leeds’ coaching set up isn’t he?

It could be Carl Robinson,he’s been a coach at championship level..

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast