+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taylor to the Gas?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Aye or they resign without him having to pay compo to the staff which is the more likely outcome.
    They can certainly resign, of course they can. But they can't resign and walk straight into another coaching job within the EFL. There are "club" rules within the Football League. Otherwise why would there ever be compensation aid for managers etc moving clubs. If we sack them (another misnomer as they get paid up dependant to clauses) then all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    They can certainly resign, of course they can. But they can't resign and walk straight into another coaching job within the EFL. There are "club" rules within the Football League. Otherwise why would there ever be compensation aid for managers etc moving clubs. If we sack them (another misnomer as they get paid up dependant to clauses) then all bets are off.
    I have presumed that if they resign then Tony would allow them to leave for nothing, in other words it’s his decision an he’s in control.
    If the EFL has rules that would not allow Tony to do that then I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out
    I would like to think that if all of them agree to that then it can happen though