+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everton for the drop this season

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Hear Man City are next in the firing line.
    Chelsea must be swallowing hard now as well. It seems like the experts who look after our finances are on the ball and taking things carefully.

I also think they'll escape, if only just.

Dyche has started to get them working with his system-ugly but effective. I think, too, that this will spur them on because of the sense of injustice and being harshly and unfairly dealt with.

Not unfair and actually quite lenient, as it goes.

I sadly, also think they'll survive.

I didn't anticipate how ****e Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley would be.

Dyche has got his system creaking into action there and I think they'll grind out enough points to finish between 15th-17th.

This shows why we're being so careful, as said, if this was us they'd hammer us.

I think Man City will be fine, govt. will lean on prem discreetly as they want to keep Qatar releatively sweet, same as Saudi. . . Chelsea though. . . could be next to be made an example of.

They have hit some good form, they will probably survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    They have hit some good form, they will probably survive.
    They've just announced on B.B.C. that Chelsea are under heavy investigation concerning the Abramovich era and Citeh could face over 160 charges. They also said that these charges were so serious that either or both clubs could face relegation.

Everton have admitted the charge and been hit quite hard.
    Top six clubs wanted to leave Prem and join a European Super League where supporters could not afford to go to many away matches per season.
    When that failed they put a proposal that stopped relegation in the Prem which meant that they could never go down and made the Prem an exclusive club with them at the top.

They got no more than a fine which was no more than a slap on the wrist to them.

They need to get rid of FFP altogether. The Everton, City and Chelsea situation is one reason why. Point deductions and relegations just ruins the integrity of the league.

Those teams that got relegated last season will be fuming.

Imagine the farce if City or Chelsea get stripped of their titles!

Btw this is one reason I am impatient for Newcastle to win something. Time is running out before regulation completely destroys the league.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Everton have admitted the charge and been hit quite hard.
    Top six clubs wanted to leave Prem and join a European Super League where supporters could not afford to go to many away matches per season.
    When that failed they put a proposal that stopped relegation in the Prem which meant that they could never go down and made the Prem an exclusive club with them at the top.

They got no more than a fine which was no more than a slap on the wrist to them.
    Great point, Sherwood.

It's a case of 'if your face fits'.

And now there are suggestions that Burnley, Leeds and Leicester are going to sue for £300 million.

Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And now there are suggestions that Burnley, Leeds and Leicester are going to sue for £300 million.

Lovely stuff.
    Those three have a better case than Citeh, Chelski or even Everton appealing.

I can't see how Everton can justify an appeal after admitting the offence.

i.e. Yes judge I stole the goods, I'm admitting it so don't send me to nick. It doesn't matter that, presumably, Burnley, Leeds, and Leicester followed the rules and by doing so were in a weaker position. IT SHOULD MATTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)