+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City 18.11.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A great day for me as well, but I don't see why some of the comments have to be labeled as 'negativity'. Yesterday showed the best of us and the worst of us, and I've commented on both. I know we won, but there were certainly a few negatives and it would be weird if we all ignored them. If everyone said "we won, just enjoy it" there wouldn't be a lot to read on here!
    …and daft as it is if we had gone in at ht 2.0 down and won 4.2 then it would be more positive on here - such is how the human brain works

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    …and daft as it is if we had gone in at ht 2.0 down and won 4.2 then it would be more positive on here - such is how the human brain works
    I think you are prob correct, but the 1st half would have got some criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    That's a fanstically brilliant way to sum up a very very small section of our fanbase.
    If it's a "very, very small section of our fanbase", why do you give them so much attention?

I'm mainly talking about posts made in your former username here.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    1st half we was absolute brill every single one of them players it looked like we was going to get 6 or 7, yet it must of been another **** half time team talk as they came out and it was like a different set of players.
    I’m worried about a lack of plan B, they changed to a 3-5-2 yesterday with a hi attacking line to match us just like Mansfield played us and another couple of teams we’ve struggled against.
    Why is it when we get matched by the opposition we don’t know how to play or what to do and LW stands there on the touch line watching without actually trying to change the system or formation?
    Soon as more teams click on how to play us then our problems will start so I hope LW actually has another idea.
    Opposition fans have been saying that for a season and a half now, hasn't stopped us being promoted and sitting in the promotion spots in League 2.

If it's a "very, very small section of our fanbase", why do you give them so much attention?

I see you have your big spoon out again Elite - just can’t help it can you fella! - strange how you are ‘Mr polite’ on Red Passion.

That's because Paul Mullin wore boots saying F*ck the Tories stitched into them 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I see you have your big spoon out again Elite - just can’t help it can you fella! - strange how you are ‘Mr polite’ on Red Passion.
    If I am a guest anywhere in any situation I always try to be Mr Polite.

Why? Because the former username picked his/her/its targets very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    This is how I saw it too. We were good in the first half but for good spells they caused us problems and got at us far too easily. Indeed, it was only that second goal that calmed us down a bit….if I remember correctly our second goal came on the break after they had a very good chance at our end. It could have been oh so different had that gone in.
    Good point.

There was also a pivotal moment for the third goal where Brindley or Baldwin did some lovely skill to evade a Bradford player on the halfway line, but then turned around and played the ball back toward Slocombe. Cue a bit of moaning in the Pavis Stand, LW signaling to the crowd that it was okay - and then about 5-10 seconds later we’d scored after playing the ball right through them from the back.

Overall I thought it was a very entertaining match. Not only did it have the 6 goals but it also had a couple of very good saves, golden chances missed, a few flashed just wide , some excellent football and plenty go mistakes from both sides. The TV audience wouldn't have been flicking channels unless they probably thought it was going to be a complete bloodbath at half time so worth sticking around. And then the fightback started and a brief period of stress at 4-2. Thought we were going to score a 5th later in the second half.

Without looking to closely at individual moments, or the more detailed tactical side of the game which I really enjoy, the entertainment value was fantastic as it so often is at Meadow Lane with Notts since we adopted the current style of play.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast