+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Colvin shares his DFC journey

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Nobody complained when I was appointed an official volunteer at Dee4life.
    I agreed to become a Co-opted Dee4life director because Bob Hynd and Ian Baird had resigned as Dee4life directors resulting in the number of directors falling below the minimum number in their rules.
    Had I not done so the remaining directors would have had to call a General Meeting to try to get at least one new director to bring the number up to the minimum of five directors.
    The Dee4life members could have voted me out at the next AGM if seven members had put their names forward to stand for election to become a Dee4life director as the maximum number of directors on the Dee4life board of directors is 11.
    I complained and told them you'd be a divisive figure who would cause problems - I was right. I would have gone back onto the board when I was asked if your name hadn't been mentioned as possibly getting on board. It was a political decision to take you on board, borne of necessity not preference.

Apologies if that's a bit hurtful to you but I believe in telling the truth.

Seems to me we should be looking forward and trying to boost Dee4Life membership. We won't get anywhere if we keep harking back to the quite recent past. I'd like to see Dee4Life find a way to create a Rainy Day Fund and find a way of encouraging people to pay a little each month. There was a great comment at the AGM about the Dee Diaspora.

I had to look it up, it means Dundee supporters who scatter from their homeland to places across the globe, spreading their culture as they go. Wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to make donations to Dee4Life an option for Dees who live in different parts of the world. Even trying to connect with them is a good idea, in my opinion, and who knows, there might be someone who has a DFC connection and might consider financial assistance because of the great work we do for our youth teams and wider community.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    there was No threat of legal action against the club,at the agm it was agreed that the statement would be re written,it was down to interpretation,i read it as no threat,the legal part was and always has been a tool to use to stop say merging with that shower down the rd
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Seems to me we should be looking forward and trying to boost Dee4Life membership. We won't get anywhere if we keep harking back to the quite recent past. I'd like to see Dee4Life find a way to create a Rainy Day Fund and find a way of encouraging people to pay a little each month. There was a great comment at the AGM about the Dee Diaspora.

I had to look it up, it means Dundee supporters who scatter from their homeland to places across the globe, spreading their culture as they go. Wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to make donations to Dee4Life an option for Dees who live in different parts of the world. Even trying to connect with them is a good idea, in my opinion, and who knows, there might be someone who has a DFC connection and might consider financial assistance because of the great work we do for our youth teams and wider community.
    It should be quite easy to set up a Dee4life ‘Rainy Day’ which could then receive donations from all Dundee supporters no matter where they live in the world.
    It was mentioned at the Dee4life AGM that in addition to the Go Cardless direct debit scheme for members paying their annual membership fee people can pay their annual membership fee using the Stripe payment scheme. Stripe can be used worldwide which is ideal for people living in overseas countries where they cannot use Go Cardless.

Thanks Islay. You preempted my follow up post about the Stripe payment system which makes it easy for payments to be made.
    I had hoped that there might be Dees living abroad who read this forum and we could build some interest and support for Dee4Life membership and a rainy day fund.
    Does anyone post on other media? Maybe there is a famous Dee Tik Tok influencer?
    Deewok the Tik Tok!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)