+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Bradford City v Barnsley

Showed how far short of the required standard our fringe players are at this moment.

Very disappointed in McCarthy and more so cosgrove who should be offering more both in terms of experience, level of performance and leadership for the young uns.

Shyte show!

It seems to me of late that some of these players either don’t want to play for us or the manager? The longer the season has gone I’m starting to think it’s the latter!
    Watters rarely turns up and seems disinterested, Cosgrove was brought in and gets 10 minutes here and there and when he starts it’s with the youth in the crappy cup tonight! And ahead of him now is Jalo an 18 year old from the youth team.
    McCarthy is coming back to fitness but doesn’t get on the bench but a lad signed from Pontefract collieries does!
    Then you have Williams in the centre system which he clearly doesn’t like, the dropping of Cadden for O’Keefe and Dodgson hardly playing but when he does he puts in a good performance, but rarely starts.
    On top of this earlier we had Kane clearly not happy with signings or lack of them at the time, then we had the Cole and Kane penalty argument!
    I don’t think we have a very happy camp at present and this in my “opinion” is solely down to Collins who still doesn’t know his best team or formation, a few more poor results and performances will be the end of him sooner rather than later.

A learning experience for Neill and Jon. Neill needs to draw on all the skills gained from his UEFA Coaching Badge qualifications. Defensive options are limited should his "first choice" back three/ four be injured/ suspended. An experienced big lad at the back required on loan in January to give a lead.

A poor experience for the 600+ Barnsley fans hoping to see something decent. A waste of time and money.

I have not seen it identified when the 16 club Northern Round Two Knockout draw is but games to be played in week of Dec 4th and we are away to one of---

Blackpool, Bolton, Derby, Fleetwood, Lincoln, Port Vale, Wigan, Accrington, Doncaster, Stockport, cannot play Bradford and four others.

No, me neither.

Bristol Street Motors Trophy. "To you £949.99p my friend".

The Neill and Jon Show rolls on to hitch up at Lincoln.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-11-2023 at 04:00 AM.

At least Neill (and Jon) didn't repeat the Derby comment and say this time---

" I thought we were in the game right up to their fifth goal".

I’m sensing a shift in opinion on here in relation to the capabilities of Collins.
    Its good to see.
    As said - if he doesn’t change his tactics then he needs to go.
    And that’s with or without promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’m sensing a shift in opinion on here in relation to the capabilities of Collins.
    Its good to see.
    I am awaiting a shift in opinion from you about how wonderful our replacements for last seasons departed players are , regarding Collins if he was to manage a promotion with this squad he would be a miracle worker but I don"t think there is anything to worry about there , we could end up nearer the bottom than the top , very little quality in the squad no where near good enough , its these tin pot owners you should be looking at , its them what sold the assets & replaced them with poor players not Collins .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Its good to see.
    A club's only as good as it's directors , isn't that right YN ?

Only this collection of clown cars could have us out of the FA Cup without getting beat .

You've got your scapegoat YN , it's the same tactic you used with Conway .

Here's a look in to the future for you .

Your going to run out of scapegoats and be left with .......??

Yep that's right .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123